GSXR 600 SRAD 1998 Missing compression adjusters

Hi All

Been away for a while after selling my GS1000 I had for 20 odd years, regretted it the very same day.

I have just picked myself up what I would call a GSXR 600 SRAD 1998 in need a of a F*** load of TLC

Usual thing strip all bodywork off to check everything is ok. Cracked bits missing 20 different screws holding it  all together (y)

Headlight mounts are a bit knackered so headlight will be changed. No damage to frame or forks so how that happened don`t know.

The PO didn`t seem to know much about other than he road it for last 2 years with change of oil etc.

Will check forks for straightness once get dry spell

Anyway after checking adjusters on forks twiddle OK I was surprised to see my compression adjusters on the bottom of the forks have disappeared O.o

No where to be seen, I`m sure when I had one of these back in 98 it had adjusters on the bottom.

Can anyone confirm if it should have?

13 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

first year of SRAD 600 (1997) did not have the adjusters. So you probably have a 1997 model, or at least 1997 forks.

Cheers Captain Chaos, I think your right.  Tis an R reg bike so should be a 98 and have compression on forks. Perhaps old ones rusted up or got damaged and were replaced with these.

Didn`t pay much for the bike so not to unhappy.