GSX 1100 EF Suspension swap

Hello

I've been reading through the forum hunting for some information on which Front end to swap on to my 88" GSX 1135. Does anyone in here have any recommendations? I've been looking at Inverted cartridge forks on the GSXR but again which mod will fit the best and make for the best swap?

Thnx in advance

The gsxr 1100 stuff has been done to death..... obsolete and heavy imo..... the newer gsxr stuff  with radial style brakes can be made to fit without too much trouble . I do believe the efe frames are wide enough to fit a 6" wheel ..... anghooo anything can made to fit with a little ingenuity !

Down side to K series as opposed to Slingy 11, is they are much shorter. Got K's in my Yoshi GS which keeps it very low, but the efe has the longest forks Suzuki made & suit the efe much better. yes they are heavier, but it's a brute of a bikew that can handle a few extra pounds, & just eat less pies ;) 

DSCF1782.jpg

• Like 9
7 hours ago, no class said:

The gsxr 1100 stuff has been done to death..... obsolete and heavy imo..... the newer gsxr stuff  with radial style brakes can be made to fit without too much trouble . I do believe the efe frames are wide enough to fit a 6" wheel ..... anghooo anything can made to fit with a little ingenuity !

He's on about front end!

.....well....37mm tube diameter and notably some of the longest forks on any bike ....just shy from being a chopper.....throw a 16 " wheel on that stopped by single opposed piston calipers and we have a recipe for a top notch front end . not here to but heads ....just aint buying what your selling . 

Could always do something different,:ph34r: dont limit yourself to Suzuki. Mr7/11(The Terrible ThunderLizard !!!! ) documented his slabby evolution on OSS and used H***a front and rear. The GSish uses VFRfront and rear ends to name two variants. There is a lot of choice components out there if you look:pimp:

On 06/07/2017 at 8:50 PM, baldrick said:

the forks off the 1100 WP/ WR are longer, as the clip ons were mounted above the top yoke.

these are the ones I would go for

ive a set on my gsxr katana, and they are longer than the K series forks (750)  on my other kat

Hi Zen,

What Baldrick says,

The 1100 W's are 770mm long, the 1100 M / N are 740 I think.

The water cooled were the longest I think & the heaviest of the GSXRs, so that might help with a big heavy EFE.

I put some 1100M's on a GSX 1100 & it was decking out very early, had to have them extended by 2 inch to sort it out.

I've got some W usds on my Slabby & they work a treat, great tyre choice, great brakes & no more diving.

PS. nice bike Rick.

I like to see - and use RWU forks on period builds, don't really get the fascination with USD forks, forsure I know the arguments, so do all the classic racers but TBH, in  my real world i'm dam't if I can find  any benifit from fitting USD forks - getting the ride height / spring and damping right on any fork of choice over say 38mm diameter seems to work fine for me. Had a simliar discussion on another forum - ain't it quirky funny how folks are partisan about fitting alternative bits to bikes - suzuki = suzuki, Gurls blouse = Gurls blouse etc.., broaden your approach to the part versus the assembler (mind most of these bits are probably built by the same supplier ;)) and you open the door to a great range of very good forks etc.. - example is CB1000FS = nice lomg set of 41mm at 815mm, VFR750L 41mm at 790mm, thunderace and fireblade (best rwu i've used) at 45mm - Zx900r 46mm and long and cheap as fook - lots of stuff out there once you open the box