Gamma's Eternal Project, VJ23 powered Mito.

Have now sourced a second set of VJ23 oil solenoids (my set has one barb broken off one solenoid, so does the set I've sourced), after the revelation that bending the steel fingers out of the way lets the top piece with all the barbs come off (care of a guy on the VJ23 group), so I'll make one set with good oem barbs, and one set with repaired barbs. Will contemplate mounting both sets so I can make them field swappable in the event that the solenoid itself dies on the road. Also went and measured up a Tyga RGV250 oil tank - it's 10mm too wide to fit because of the shock location. Time to investigate an RG500 tank (the pipe cutouts may let it clear the mito shock), or a OEM RGV tank... just need to find one of each to borrow (although, just had the thought - can I modify the tyga tank with a heat gun enough to clear? Will check tonight).

• 1 month later...

So, found an oil tank I thought would work (late model Aprilia RS125), but by the time I locate it in a spot that works, and move all the electrics tray bits, it doesn't actually gain me much in terms of what I was looking for packaging wise. So, looks like I'm sticking with the fabricated tank up behind the head stock and messing around with locating the oil solenoids somewhere else. Still haven't finished the clutch cable. Need to get back onto that.

Picked up the radiators and thermostat housing from the welders - excellent work and well priced, really happy with it. Still need to sort a bottom radiator support bracket and the y-piece for the outlet side. And hose clips. 

IMG_20181025_211305.thumb.jpg.c97862326bf9b34c1ab1190aadf815bc.jpg

IMG_20181025_211318.thumb.jpg.4df76db4b0bfdb1bb9c46b0f36240675.jpg

• Like 1