Ultimate road GSXR1100L engine

Wagola

9 hours ago, MeanBean49 said:

For me a great road motor would be 1216cc, portred locknut head and gsxr cams on slotted sprockets, wouldnt go mad on upping compression too much, I would go for a nice full akra or yoshi and a set of rs36's. Ignition wise dyna coil minis and i cant recomend Ignitech's highly enough, way better than over priced dyna rubbish. Pingel tap and a good oil cooler plus a head cooler is a good idea too. Keeping them cool is key to a good reliable tuned motor. 

For a real ultimate road motor though you cant beat a turbo :-)

Basically the same as my engine apart from using oversized valves and rs38's

You can make a cooler kit for about £50-70
Cut up a stock "Y" piece for the fittings and fit rubber hose to effectively shorten it. buy a fitting to mount to engine at the crank case, buy a tap and male-male can't remember which to a jic-6 fitted and tap out the bottom of the "Y" piece. Connector braided lines to a cooler of your liking and is if by magic bob's your sister wife and you have a head cooler kit. Not the sexiest thing but £700 cheaper 

9 hours ago, Wagola said:

Jeeezzz, just got a quote for a head cooler kit and it comes out at £722 ! What the f*ck ! Is this right ??? Any body out there who knows a supplier that's not trying to have my pants down !!??

See my post about what bits you need and where to get them.

• Like 1
On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:03 AM, MeanBean49 said:

Easier to just buy the adaptors and make one up. Jkc race and rally do 10 row extra wide coolers for about £30, 2m of braided hose off Eblag is £20 and then you can get the fittings of Torques, you need all AN8 1x straight, 4x 90 degree, 2x rocker fittings, 1x oil take off fitting and a 3 way splitter, and the i got some 2.5 inch aluminium angle to make a bracket. About £100 all in I think

Hi , when you say 'get the fittings off Torques' , I guess that is a supplier ? Do you have the full name of the company/supplier ? many thanks

15 hours ago, Foz said:

My 1216 happily runs a 19row oil cooler ,I have a temperature guage to keep an eye on things but unless I get stuck in traffic it's perfectly fine 

it's more a power thing. My Stock 1127cc motor in my race bike was getting slower by 4-5 mph over the course of a 7 lap race, when I looked at the Data logger traces. This was cadwell with 20-22degrees ambient temp.

Fitted a head cooler in the front of the fairing, and went  to Snetterton in 29-30 degrees ambient, and found straight line speed much more consistent.  Probably not necessary for street use though.