Any tips to make my streetfighter more comfortable*

In really pleased with my bike but man it's uncomfortable to ride lol, my balls get crushed into the tank, this is my first bike so not sure if that normal? I'm not sure if the rear sets need adjusting or the seat needs redoing or the angle of the tail, should the seat be at a certain angle on the bike? I can't ride long before I have to stop and adjust myself lol. Any help would be great

The first thing any bike has to be is rideable, if it's uncomfortable it will distract you from the job in hand. A picture of you sat in a riding position would be very helpful but if you're sliding down the seat into the tank then,chances are, it's too steep. What you looking for with that type of bike is to have your weight distributed between your hands, feet and butt. This gives you 5 points of control without any of them doing all the work.

Post a picture and we'll have a look but if it's a pain to ride then it ain't right.  

• Like 1

I wouldn't drop the rear suspension (shorter 'bones will raise it), the seating layout would stay the same and you'd just screw up the handling. At a quick glance your seating area is about in the standard place if a touch lower so your footrests should at least be in the ballpark(ish). Have you tried rolling the bars back a little to rotate your upper body back and take a bit of pressure off the nuts/tank interface ?

Your levers should be at a position where, if you have a straight line from your elbow, through your wrist to your fingers, your fingers rest on top of the lever. I assume the angle of the seat pad gets steeper with the bike upright, you could alter/add foam in the area you actually sit to level it off a bit.

At the end of the day you are going to make changes or accept some compromises because you're trying to turn a bike into something it was never designed to be.

How's the jetting with filters and a short exhaust ? 

Edited by bluedog59
  • Like 1

Thanks mate you've given me some good pointers to work off, I'm going to strip the seat pan and redo it, I might try a quick ride and then adjust before I cover it, I will check the bars too, I find there is a lot of force on my wrists a lot of the time and my back is playing up a bit, I can't leave it like this because it's a pain to ride.

Thanks again

If it's you first bike, a habit a lot of newbies fall into is having there feet too far forward on the pegs. You should ride with the ball of your foot on the pegs, taking your body weight, and using it to turn the bike. 

Ride with your feet too far forward you end up with all you weight on your arse/bollocks, and it's like trying to run on you heels, it makes you stiff and tense on the bike and slow to shift your weight.

• Like 2

Thanks for that advice mate, I actually do have my feet to far forward, I was thinking that yesterday when I was out on it but then thought my feet were in a better position to brake and change great if they are more forward, would you say you still need to be close enough to the brake and gear selector or would you move you foot when you needed to use one of them? Sorry for these newbie questions but I don't know anyone else that rides so it's good to talk on here

Thanks for the advice I really appreciate any help, I'll definitely make an effort to do that now,

lol I'm not sure mate, I thought that before too, it's a gsxr 750 wn but with the rf 900 engine in it with the 750 head, I fell in love with slingshot streetfighters and when one come up I snapped it up and got building. I really enjoy the journey maybe more than riding this one atm

So, did you take some direct access course on a school's bike, pass  your test and decide a 120+bhp, modified bike was a perfect first bike ?

How did you get insured and how much ?

From my experience I would say it's not the best choice and will not aid your skills development. 

Or did you just not bother ? 

• Like 1

I did my full licence over about 3 months, I did use the schools bike as I didn't have one at the time, I know it's not the perfect first bike but the build was the main part for me, making custom parts in the workshop and learning how to things, I knew I'd like to ride it after so I did my test before I got the bike, it's taken nearly two years but I think it's done now and I'm ready for the next build lol, I've insured it all properly and had the engine number changed on the v5, the insurance is about a lot about 600 I think.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bluedog59 said:

So, did you take some direct access course on a school's bike, pass  your test and decide a 120+bhp, modified bike was a perfect first bike ?

How did you get insured and how much ?

From my experience I would say it's not the best choice and will not aid your skills development. 

Or did you just not bother ? 

Who pissed on your cornflakes. :D

Edited by dupersunc
  • Like 4

I don't eat cornflakes. :D

I think it's quite easy to see the reason for my curiosity, there are too many people riding/driving round without having a licence etc.

I think jpich85 understands and has said he has done the right thing. 

We wouldn't want to encourage people to ride unlicensed/uninsured would we ?

BTW, Take care when you're out and choose who you ride with very carefully, you can get sucked a long way into a lot of trouble before you know it on a bike like that.

Enjoy it but stay safe.(y) 

• Like 1

Thanks mate i do go steady, I only ride alone expect if I go out with my dad, I have had quite a few bikes overtake me tho because I'm not comfortable going to fast atm. If your interested I have a few pics of the build on instagram now.. I'm suzuki_fighter on there.