Beat place to purchase a new wiring loom for Katana

I finally found a NOS one in the US, after looking for years. Ordered on a Saturday morning, in my grubby mitts the following Wednesday! Brand spankers, still in vacuum sealed bag with part no. label (where it still is, I might add). Around £45 iirc! Mind, that were a few years ago! Try the US dealers, or even 'that site' over there. 

16 hours ago, R1guy said:

If you really dislike your firstborn I say go for it......

otherwise, probably more cost effective to get a new one built from scratch 

Getting a new one-off loom professionally made will cost a fortune. What is wrong with the old one that it is so bad a new loom is needed? Even looms that are in a right state can be fixed up to as new condition cheaply as all the connectors are available.

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys, not really posted on here before.  I have a GSX1100ET awaiting the start of its rebuild, collecting parts at moment when funds allow. I just wanted to say that £261 does not seem that expensive to me. No, I am not made of money either but I understand that The famous Ferret electrician charges around £ 1000 for a custom loom according to an article I saw last year. Please bear in mind that the loom is actually about 5 pieces, the main loom is about 80 % of it.

Regards Rob

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 2:43 PM, Dezza said:

What is wrong with the old one that it is so bad a new loom is needed?

The problem I've come across with some old Suzuki looms is oxidation of the conductors within the insulation. If you trim back the cable to remake for a new connector, you can keep going 6 or 7" without finding non-oxidised wire. That and general wear and tear means that sometimes you're better off having a fresh start if you can either do it yourself (me!) or afford to pay for a new one (richer people than me!)

Some looms have been so hacked about that they're not worth messing with.

Also, I've got a 78 Beemer that is suffering from brittle wiring, that will eventually need new loomage to sort out.