Bandido Martin

Then he dicided not to ride it anymore at all and get himself a Beemer. So managed to buy the bike from him in order to "keep it in the family" and make it better.

All excess parts were sold and 12 was sourced for the engine. The engine should be mildly tuned but we'll see about that later.

ndaDo9DF

And this is how it has been sitting for quite a while now. Unfortunately I didn't have time to continue this build due to other projects (classic car restoration, Kawa Z1000/Suzuki hybrid). But hopefully in the next few years she'll be on the road again. 9_9

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, good motovation to do some work again. As I said it will take time but it will be finished some day. 

The first challenge will be to sort the rear suspension. The original Ducati linkage is not the way to go as there is no possibility to mount this to the frame without ruining it. So it should probably be something as shown below with use of the original top mount and heavy modification of the swingarm:

i69CRN4W

OVbk5QYF

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Looks similar but also different. Seems your top shock mount is differtent. You also have an alternative solution for the engine mounts.

On the other hand, we are having the same problem with installing the shock ;-) That's why I will be using the direct shock without any linkages as shown in the example above.

The engine was only slung in add hock to give the weight to get the ride height.they are only a couple of straps to get the lump off ground

I did not have any reference so made every thing adjustable to get it to work.

These were the lower straps for shock mount . just bits slung together to get size and position

002mmoffsetbrkt.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just looking on Harris owners group on social media and found that a company called MOKO did a conversion kit for a 916 arm in to a

Harris Mag 2 frame . simple enough just plates and spacers.

Don't know what the monster arm is like but if its got a gap between the swingarm mounting lugs ,it  would work for you.