Katana 1170 et bike racer

et1170

Had another great weekend at the mainly vw big bang event at Santa Pod . its amazing the effect of the wind on the brick of a Katana. it was pretty much calm and my second run was 10.49 secs , around 2 tenths quicker than into the wind the week before. My best qualifying run came on the sunday when the wind had picked up a bit. 10.60 on 10.58 dial in. This gave me 3rd place . I had a bye in the first round due to an exploding tl1000 and nailed a good light and time to put out Joe Elliots nice BMW 1000 in the semi final. For the second week it was me and Phil in the final , and he just did it again! I beat him to the line but ran .002 under my 10.57 dial in . bugger. The season continues without a gap at SCR this weekend. May just manage an oil change before then. Heres a vid of the final , if it works. 

Edited by et1170
  • Like 9
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a short update before I am off to Race rock and Ride at the weekend for round 4 of et bike. 

Round three was cut short due to rain and after qualifying a poor 9th , 8 hundredths off my dial in! I made it through to the last 8 after Paul Adams red lit on his nice gsxr1000. Unfortunately that was it as the 5 oclock scr curfew stopped proceedings. Off on friday to the all bike(nearly) race rock and ride , looking froward to it. Still holding 2nd in the championship.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a great weekend at race rock n ride at Santa Pod. Only 2 qualifying runs due to the weather but managed 4th of 14 bikes with a 10.75 on a 10.60 dial in. Eliminations on sunday started with Steve Moor followed in round 2 by Giselle Moor and then Fiona Moor in the semi final. some very close racing with 3 members of the same family saw me in the final against Philip Pratt for the third final in a row! I had a fair start and ran 10.68 on 10.65 , Phil struggled for grip and amazingly I took my first ever et bike win. well chuffed and with Carl Hester having a few decent rwyb rides all in all was a great day. It was a hectic weekend with me and Carl both running and I failed to meet up with anyone other than a quick chat with Paul Morris ,  nice to meet you! Very close in the points for the uk championship now , on to the summer nationals in 3 weeks where I hope to stay in touch.

20170521_181624.jpg

Edited by et1170
  • Like 11
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/07/2017 at 9:29 PM, minx said:

Hiya - how's it going? Was hoping I might catch you at the Isle of Man meet. What's the leaderboard looking like?

Sorry , struggling to do anything but the etbike rounds this year , will be at Donington though! Kat ran nice and consistent at the summer nationals at the Pod a couple of weeks ago. Got through to the semi finals along with my main 2 rivals! The event was then cut short after a nasty wall to wall crash involving a lovely chevvy bel air , I think. Pretty much me level in first place in the overall UK championship and 2nd in the Santa Pod one. Loads of points still available though so anything could happen .   http://www.eurodragster.com/news/17points/uk/etbike.htm

http://www.eurodragster.com/news/17points/sprc/etbike.htm

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Bit of a poor weekend racing for me . The bike and me were both suffering in the heat , eventually managed a decent qualifier in the last round with 10.68 on a 10.63 dial in but as everyone was on fire this weekend only gave me 10th place, and a first round against no1 qualifier and super consistent Phil Pratt. I zoned out on the start and with a .3 reaction time it was all over bar something untoward happening. It didnt and Phil came by backing off to an easy win, I broke out anyway with 10.53 on my 10.6 Well done to Phil and all the other et bikers. Im off for a break in the caravan with Marie to try and cheer myself up.

• 4 weeks later...

Here`s the final standings in the UK Etbike Championship. It was a great year for me , runner up in this and the Santa Pod championship too. Had my first round win at Race Rock n Ride in May which was amazing. Thanks to all the other riders and teams for making it such a friendly class to race in. The old Katana never missed a beat all year and thanks to Ronald Hester we now have a second bike in the team for Carl Hesterto race next year. Thanks also to Marie , Steve, Carl and Ricci for turning up and supporting me , making it all worth it. Thanks for all the online support and it`s great to have the support of the Oldskool Suzuki crowd too , need to get Carl signed on as a Winged Hammer! 
Roll on 2018 , watch out for G & C Racing.

http://www.eurodragster.com/news/17points/uk/etbike.htm

• Like 6
  • 5 months later...

First outing of the year tomorrow at the newly laid Santa Pod , looking cold but maybe dry so might get a go. Entered 10.1 acu class at the straightliners event. just serviced the Kat and removed the nitrous bits that I dont use at the minute. lost 6lb off the bike and 20lb off me so looking for a normally aspirated pb if possible. 

• Like 3
  • 5 months later...

straightliners didnt really happen so back into etbike at the pod. 1st 2 rounds ruined by the weather so off to round 3. qualified 4th with a 10.48 on a 10.46 dial in but beat fair and square by Paul Adams in the first round on his gsxr1000.  slept on the line and was out in round 1!  etbike is not an easy class !

• Like 1
On 9/7/2018 at 11:48 PM, et1170 said:

ET bracket racing is not an easy class !

I tried telling the SSB boys that waaaay back - no one believed me! I think unless you rely on electronics with delay boxes and air clutches and throttles you have to be killer on the tree 100% of the time, especially with tight dial in's - you snooze......you lose

Edited by Gixer1460
  • 2 months later...

a quick update to my racing year , without the boring detail.  rained off x 2  ,   runner up trophy ,  8th ,    winner at national finals which gave me 2nd in ACU  etbike championship for 3rd year in a row , lot of interest from old skoolers but not been up against any yet!! 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Oil and Filter change on the old Kat and a few minor techy changes and she`s ready to run some consistent times again , starting at the Festival of Power at easter. Anyone is welcome for a cold or warm drink in the team caravan!  although i am often more relaxed down in fuelers bar during the evening .  

Gary_HesterMoxley18.jpg

• Like 1