Katana 1170 et bike racer

et1170

Greenlight Nationals report!   Couple of decent runs on the friday test, both 9.0 so was feeling ok going into qualifying.  Whole of first day was a wash out so went into a 1 shot qualifier on sunday morning. Dialled 8.95 and hoped for a similar run to friday. The Kat hooked up nice and probably ran its smoothest run yet. 8.89 at 146mph with a pb 1.29  60 foot time. This was obviously too quick so ended up 12th and last qualifier. Up against Matt Jones in round one who had a bit of a mad start so just had to cruise through at 9.20 into round 2 against Bill Marsh , pulled a reasonable light and was away first but the rear tyre span up for some unknown reason and my run was over. First wheelspin since the bars were fitted 29 runs ago so very curious! Bill went on to reach the rain abandoned final against Philip Pratt . Thanks to Carl, Jon and Marie for helping as always. Good to have Ben along too, our swiss based mate who I haven't seen for many years. Roll on euro,s in 2 and half weeks. Let there be sun!!

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Excellent long weekend at the Euro Shoot Out , not fully recovered yet! Qualified number 1 with a 9.01 on 9.00 dial in. Made a few more adjustments to the clutch as it was hurting my coccyx with the hard launches! Round 1 was a bye which was lucky as I had the only hiccup of the weekend and it spun up off the launch, wierd. Round 2 was against  Johnny Young  on his Harley, he flew to a pb breakout and another 9.01 sorted that. Semi Final against Philip Pratt was a good race, I think I gave him a bit of a run for his money and crossed the line first but after dialing 8.90 and easing off before the line thought I had it! Unfortunately I ran a pb up to about 1000ft and broke out with 8.87 ! Well done to Phil for his great run . Loads of laughs and lots of great achievements by the bike racers there. Thanks to my team. Never eating a burger again!

pic77.jpg

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

Last round of the championship this weekend , learnt a lot about setting up the Kat this year , still making changes as we speak but got a much better handle on it now, next year I hope to be a lot more consistent.  Lots of us fighting for second place. Good luck to everyone in with a shot , Paul Adams , Dave Grundy , Bill Marsh , Robbie Dobbie , Matt Jones , Justin Malton , Michael Gooding . Wont be changing my strategy so if anyone sees me asleep outside at 2 in the morning prod me and tell me to get to bed. Thanks to Jon Williams , the brains and mouth of our team , Carl Hester , the future etbike champ , Marie Hester , everything!  Dave Forest and George Forest for continued support. Going to give it the beans as usual and try not to let you all down. God its easy going in a straight line!
Big thanks to the gsx master Roger Upperton for giving me this beast!

• Like 3
  • 6 months later...

Festival of power, Santa Pod.   Qualified 6th of 16 with a 8.82 on an 8.80 dial in. Its looking tight this year!  Ran an et personal best of 8.79 and a best 60 ft of 1.27 too so very happy with that. Got through round 1 running 8.83. In the last eight had a close race with Scott collier but missed out fractionally with an 8.86 on a 8.78 dial in. Happy with the 6 x eight second runs, very consistent and look good for the season. FB_IMG_1650282002717.thumb.jpg.f0ff48c39fcda4341d86dc7edac69204.jpg

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
50 minutes ago, Hacksawmad said:

what do you get 2 qualifying run's then onto eliminations?

2 day events 4 qualifiers Saturday weather permitting, eliminations Sunday. 

3 day events 6 or 7 qualifiers Friday and Saturday then eliminations Sunday. 

3 hours ago, Hacksawmad said:

How do you determine your et?

Easiest way is to do a few RWYBs at the pod to see how quick and consistent you are 

You can then make a plan ....

and what you dial in at may be variable eg track conditions and also who's in the other lane for a particular round ...

Did i mention sandbagging :v LoL ......

5 hours ago, Duckndive said:

Easiest way is to do a few RWYBs at the pod to see how quick and consistent you are 

You can then make a plan ....

and what you dial in at may be variable eg track conditions and also who's in the other lane for a particular round ...

Did i mention sandbagging :v LoL ......

a ha bit of the old skullduggery at play :tu

1 hour ago, Hacksawmad said:

a ha bit of the old skullduggery at play :tu

ET bike is all about being consistent " repeatability" and knowing your bike 

but like any class there is "sociology"  

Many years ago there was a Guy who ran a bog stock aged VW beetle in one of the ET Car brackets it ran 24 sec 1/4s and he was almost impossible to beat  ...

The class no longer exists in its old form and i think there is a time out on the ET clocks now  ...:P