Cable clutch conversion slabby 1100

IIRC, Don't think the standard one fits. 

I ended up making one out of 6 mm stainless bar. It was quite a few years back that I did it & my memory is pretty shite ......

I believe you can also add a s/s ball bearing behind push rod (clutch end) to make up the length (oooerrrr) if you're original is too short.

• Like 1

IIRC there are basically two push rod lengths shown on Suzuki microfiche's for the GSF and GSXR series. If you have a longer one and need a shorter one it will be immediately apparent as you try to put it back together.If you have a shorter one and need a longer one it's not immediately obvious unti8l the clutch doesn't disengage. I know I had issues with the GSXR1100M motor ... but that turned out that the old rod had snapped inside - so when trying to fit the correct part numbered rod it wouldn't! Soon sorted but had me thinking we'd ordered the wrong one for a few minutes!

When mixing and matching certain combinations add a ball bearing to aid clutch action IIRC.

The GSF600 is a cable clutch isn't it?

Edited by Solcambs
  • 5 years later...

Teapot covers also fit, with later ones accepting a speedo sensor. If you have flat bars or similar, then the Blandit cable is the way to go. With clip ons, the teapot cable is best because it has a 90 degree guide at the lever end. Wemoto sell Slinky Guide cables and they're just brilliant: OEM quality for 1/4 the price :)

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...