New bandit???????

One step forward 3 steps back:(

Got the ehad and rocker cover on and the cover fouls the frame cross member with the 2 rear bolts in.! Arse.. too good to be true it would all fit straight on!!O.o

So pulled the bolts and after an hour of jiggling Ive found a position so that the pipes fit. BUT the it looks like the carbs  will hit the top rail..!!!Bugger:|

DSCF1751_zpsusem03no.jpg

DSCF1753_zpsg6v6rn80.jpg

See - I said it would fit.............................ish! I think i'd use the lower back mount, rotate engine backwards and re-drill the back upper plates towards the rear? That'll put the front engine mounts closer to the frame mounts, pull front of head away from frame and maybe improve angle of carb's to top frame rail....................but there again i'm not standing next to it!

15 minutes ago, nlovien said:

38mm Mikuni  RS flatslides - could maybe give you that extra bit - dam't good excuse anyway to fit them B| - ps you really don't muck around - build a bike quicker than what it takes me to ponder over the next bit (y)

Love to but the budget is zero at the moment, I cant sit still and watch telly so i have to keep busy:tu

:ROFL:  Somebody give this man a clue on what to look for as a plug and play set of injectors that will fit the inlet stubs.

This lot are up to all sorts of Twickery an Witchcraft.

Not for me, I want old fashioned beautiful things that I need to spend more on owning a huge box of jets and needles, plus multiple sets of slides to keep me company. Mainly because I can't even find the on button for most computers..............

Oh now wait o.O

xD

• Like 1

is there a fix if you consider - to remove the cam cover, maybe even fit the carbs - you got to remove the engine mounts and let the engine drop - not ideal - might need a bit of frame tweaking on the lower rear cross tube ( looks like the back of the engine would sit on this tube - you could cut out the middle so the engine drops through it and fit on offset engine mount / brace ) anyway - the idea being - not everything can be done or removed with the engine in situ but you don't have to fully remove the engine - i.e. a half way house

32 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Its a Harris - its not supposed to be easy ! Everyone know you have to remove the engine to change the oil and check the tappets ! Its an 'enthusiasts bike' after all ! LOL

Yes, I had to do that with my Magnum 2 to get the rocker box cover off, but with this one there is plenty of room above the engine just not much behind fort he carbs ad they hit the frame?????  anyway ill think of a plan later,?!!:)

this is turning out quite neat - your managing to tick the box's whilst cramming the engine into a frame that's just about as tight as you could get for the engine (y)- whats the wheel base ? I'd like to compare to my magnum 3 based project - to take out any swing arm length variation could you measure from swing arm pivot to the front axle - apreciated

7 hours ago, nlovien said:

this is turning out quite neat - your managing to tick the box's whilst cramming the engine into a frame that's just about as tight as you could get for the engine (y)- whats the wheel base ? I'd like to compare to my magnum 3 based project - to take out any swing arm length variation could you measure from swing arm pivot to the front axle - apreciated

:tu:tu

here you go shipmateB|

930mm

DSCF1785_zps8hekxg57.jpg