dot head and carbs

nlovien

• 2 years later...
On 2/28/2017 at 5:35 PM, colinworth79 said:

I would say the dot head has better inlet ports as well as raising the compression. If doing a big bore conversion you can normally spec the compression you want . Pic of 750L slingshot frame bandit 12 motor and carbs with dot head .

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_DSC00083.jpg

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_DSC00082.jpg

Digging up an old thread here but are these 36mm carbs off a B12@colinworth79? (Just going off the TPS sensor on the side there)

also was the 750L frame slightly taller that the 750j?

Using a 750j frame with B12/dot head and wanted to see if 38CV’s would fit

cheers O

3 hours ago, Otatts said:

Digging up an old thread here but are these 36mm carbs off a B12@colinworth79? (Just going off the TPS sensor on the side there)

also was the 750L frame slightly taller that the 750j?

Using a 750j frame with B12/dot head and wanted to see if 38CV’s would fit

cheers O

I've got a 750J 1200bandit bottom with dot head. 38s won't fit.

On 4/22/2020 at 6:26 PM, Svsam said:

Second that. 
yes, 36cvs are the limit. 

2EF150F2-3CF0-4ACA-9DBF-58A4E446A6E6.jpeg

Thanks for that @Svsam. proof is in the puddin’! What air filters are you using there as that is what my next issue was gonna be. My BMC dual pod filters aren’t gonna fit. I need to get soft filters but the oval mouths of the 36’s are a pain in the arse to get filters for!

nice headers BTW

7 hours ago, Otatts said:

Thanks for that @Svsam. proof is in the puddin’! What air filters are you using there as that is what my next issue was gonna be. My BMC dual pod filters aren’t gonna fit. I need to get soft filters but the oval mouths of the 36’s are a pain in the arse to get filters for!

nice headers BTW

They are ramair filters I bought off someone on here. They do the trick just fine (y)

The headers are off a 750 and didn’t fit very well, got a b12 set on now that don’t look as good. 

8 hours ago, Otatts said:

I’ll look into it. Would prefer RS flatslides over CV’s but I ‘think’ they maybe taller

On RS's you can move the position of the cable actuating mechanism from between 2 & 3 (stock) to either on the far side of 1 (needs new throttle shaft) or between 3 and 4 (I have done this and no new parts are needed). This gives much more flexibility when fitting RSs into tight spaces. There are pics in my project thread: Spondon GSXR 1100.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dezza said:

On RS's you can move the position of the cable actuating mechanism from between 2 & 3 (stock) to either on the far side of 1 (needs new throttle shaft) or between 3 and 4 (I have done this and no new parts are needed). This gives much more flexibility when fitting RSs into tight spaces. There are pics in my project thread: Spondon GSXR 1100.

Thanks @Dezzai did originally see they were mounted high between 3&4 and I think that’s why I thought they wouldn’t fit but was later told the cables actuator could be moved!

i have a mate who has RS and CV’s and he’s going to measure from the Venturi to the carb cap top to see if/how much difference there is. It’s a tight fit already from what I’ve seen on here thanks to the other members

ill start a project thread as I’ve been hijacking other people’s threads and I should just pull me finger out and do it 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Otatts said:

For anyone wondering about height differences between RS and CV these are some 38mm back to back. Measures about a 7-10mm difference. (He put a tape measure up to them but was kinda hard to make out in the pics)

E96C68F7-C3AF-4617-A26D-8F15F0E842C8.jpeg

Could you please add this pic and text to the sticky thread at the top of this page on 'Interchangability of carbs and carb rubbers'? This then puts all the relevant carb info in one easy-to-get-to place.:)