1 Dinosaur on another!

One Dinosaur on another. I'm twice the age of the bike and I've had it from new. It was the first GSXR in East Anglia, the only genuine Red/Black UK '85 bike and the oldest one owner GSXR in the world still on the road.

Oh, and this is at Cadwell Park Classic Bike trackday last week. Brilliant!

XSP_0122r.JPG

XSP_0057r.JPG

Edited by Iced Lightning
mis-splet
  • Like 14

I wouldn't be too sure about that, after all the GSX-R400 went for sale one year before the 750.

Still nice pics of a nice bike in nice riding situations. :)

Fair enough but do you know of one of these still on the road and owned from new used regularly? I have enquired before on several Suzi forums with no response so I'm claiming the title!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4
  • 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Oilyspanner said:

Now that's a true keeper . . . .

And still being used properly too !  

I can spot a few mods, but what have you done over the years ? 

OK, Self-made H/L bubble, LED indicators in mirrors, LED Rr indicators in Suzuki Jimmy housings, RF900 Fr - GSXR400 Rr wheels, SRAD Fr - GSXR400 Rr discs, 6-pot callipers, DYNOTEC coils, PiperX air + breather filters, Devil/Yoshi pipe, Corbin seat, WP shock, Metmachex Swingarm, tail light infill oh, and 1127 motor. Just a few bits.

• Like 1

Evolution not revolution man:pimp:

I love to read a story like this. So many people that you meet look at your bike and say " I used to have one of them, I wish I had kept it" I nod and smile politely but inside I'm thinking: Shouldn't have sold it then nah nah nananah, you sold a keeper.

In this case it's clear from he pictures that man and machine have bonded well and a lifetime of tweaks and modifications have resulted in a true weapon of choice. 

The mighty hammer of Hanma- Shin salutes you both.

• Like 5
19 hours ago, Joebloggs said:

Three new frames, a wiring loom, two sets of wheels and fairings but its still the original 750.......lol

Very nice!

Well actually the frame, wiring, forks, instruments, controls and bodywork are all original - except the fairing; thats had to be replaced a couple of times due to 'excursions'! Actually I just have a new one on the way now due to dumping it at Rockingham track a couple of months ago.

The point is, those that don't know these don't see the changes, and those that do often don't see many changes without close scrutiny - thus achieving my aim to keep it looking original.

And as I said, 90k and still used regularly in ALL weathers - if I have to!

GSXRs were/are the most modded bikes,  I love your evolved bike IL - the unnatural bikes are the totally rebuilt standard bikes, they rarely existed at the time. It's nice to see bog stock bikes, but a well modded one will be far better to actually ride.

My favourite bikes have been ones I've altered to suit me, the mods always have to make a difference how the bike goes, handles and stops.  I like the idea of the lightest ever GSXR frame fitted with the potent 1127 engine - nice

• Like 1