How much to play with the Turbo Nutters ?

Apart from the cost to my soul and sanity, what sort of money should I budget to turbo an 1100  Watercooled  motor ?

I am competent with basic spannering, but not a clue with fabrication or electrics !

Like Viz said but Dept on what you can do yourself.....1 - 2K    Fruitloop does kits you can fit yourself or ride in ride out...........

Dont know if hes done a water boiler but he do'es make good tea............B|

• Like 2

Or, how about sticking a turbo on a TL1000S ? I have a Waterboiler and a TL in the garage and the plan was to sell one and add some cash to turbo the one that is left. Which way do you think I should go ?

There's a TL's younger brother SV1000 for sale in Estonia, with turbo and everything. Imported from UK, still on UK plates, price starts at €2900 if my memory serves me right. Didn't seem to go very fast on the strip, but hell knows why; turbo is also a small one but streetbike wouldn't need a pumpkin there anyway and it probably suits better for the V2 low end and midrange torque with the whizzy bang spinning and boosting early.

Probably one of the really cheapest ready-to-ride turbo bikes and there doesn't seem to be any buyers in our country, can't understand why, maybe half of the nation is pussies and other don't ride motorcycles. I'd buy it but I have my GSXR and I really need an E30 in front of my house again, so money is very-very tight... today I'll either ride or walk, as up to date 4 wheelers all suck.

So, I wouldn't start building unless I have some 2k or more to spend and that's when I would do the manifold and plenum myself and get the material free from work. Seems pointless to leave the job half done because of the budget; ideally you'd want at least forged pistons in the W to add some safety, and that alone costs a little fortune. 40mm carbs also aint the easy solution, you can go smaller or go efi, both have their +'s and -'s. And as you're going to open the motor anyway to lower compression or install low CR pistons, you might as well make sure your rod and main bearings are fine or just replace them, and much else. I don't see a point in blowing a worn out engine, it all starts with a good base material.

Like Viz said but Dept on what you can do yourself.....1 - 2K    Fruitloop does kits you can fit yourself or ride in ride out...........

Dont know if hes done a water boiler but he do'es make good tea............B|

He doesn't make the tea, his missus or daughter does. Great tea it is too :-)

U gonne need endless foundation if not self making some things or good friends ho can.

i had some luck... the motor was build and the bike was also with xtras... costs are now within range of budget.. unless all is not good... then its a pit... black dark endless pit.