I bought a watercooled bike. WELL out of my comfortzone, but it was too cheap to pass up, and I have been looking at a cheap/fast commuter for a while so I could concentrate on the big bikes. This fits that bill quite well.

RF600 with SRAD-750 everything, including the engine. Carbs need a cleanup and the intake from the airbox needs fixing. Forkseals are weeping a bit and it could do with a better rear tire, but for 250e, you can't really complain, can you?

IMG_9949.JPG

IMG_9951.JPG

Working on the carbs right now; VERY different from what I'm used to. Is there anywhere where I can find some info on the original system?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bluedog59 said:

Getting back on topic and ignoring snips from uninterested people, what are you plans for it ? Fix the details and run it as a daily stocker or get the spanners out ?

The RF can be a bit of a super sleeper under all that plastic and "Marmite" looks. (y) 

Fix up whatever's wrong with it and improve some things I don't agree with; loom, cablerouting, etc. 

This bike will be the commuter/shophack/tharsher :pimp:

I like the stealth aspect of an Srad engine in a Rf body, excellent find ;). Luckily there is a Haynes manual for the Carbed Srad, best place for general info on standard set ups etc. Otherwise just ask, if and when you run into unfamiliar territory, but tbh a man of your calibre shouldn't have any difficulties playing about with this one.

Blimey,,,, that 'airbox'..

I rekon you could get it to run better with an air tray which essentially uses the bottom of the tank as the top of the airbox..

I'll find some pics of my SRAD600 racebike so you have an idea of how I did mine.

It worked a treat and picked up 12lbft @ 8k.

Skel..