Gsxr 750 engine questions

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/01/2017 at 11:14 PM, badgerkdd said:

Is there any write ups on this conversion in the OSS archives, or is it a 'Google it!' job? Really keen to look into this as long as my engine has survived Redruth's finest flood/ gutter water xD. Alternatively would it be easier to buy a second hand RF900 engine and stick it in the frame, with 750 carbs? or is that a whole different kettle of ball games?

Quite a straight forward swap. Swap complete 750 head, cams,etc onto rf900 (plz use rf900 gaskets.)  Use the 750 carbs with bigger jets. If using 750 airbox then mains about 122, needle jet on third ring from top. Pilot jet standard. If using twin socks or twin pods start about 135 mains. Nice set of cams, good flowing end can you should see 145+ bhp. i cant wait to try my track bike out( when built) as it should be near these figures. Of course after one has had shum dyno time.

Cheers @Madb. I spoke to Chris at Grumpy Spares about over boring, porting heads and power gains on the standard 750 engine and it was running into nearly a grands worth of work and parts, out of my range at the moment, so definitely thinking back to the 900 option. I've dismantled the top end of my broken engine, the bottom end bearing has gone on rod 2, with the piston shot too. the head however seems to have survived with little or no damage, I need to get it checked out fully just in case theres a bent valve but its showing no signs of it. If all good then I've got a serviceable head to put on a 900 engine and Bob's your uncle, as they say ;). Just got to start looking out for decent S/H 900 engines and k4/k5 down pipes :):)