my take on so many designs...…...

IMG_1794.JPG

IMG_2178.JPG

IMG_2266.JPG

IMG_2176.JPG

IMG_2268.JPG

IMG_2435.JPG

Damn.

Inside and out, your bike is art. It is a shame some of that is going to be tucked up and out of sight. Bit that’s another part of the art.

I’d tip my hat to you, if I wore one.

Exceptional.

Cheers, Zweihammer 

Edited by Zweihammer
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Oh forgot to say if anyone wants to copy this manifold that I made for my first draw through then modified for oldskool blow though - feel free!

PM me if you would like pdf copies - they are A1 sized prints.23241425_ManifoldrevA.thumb.jpg.09344d1ca38feb4f627d8faf83208205.jpg1446379006_ManifoldrevE.thumb.jpg.881fa5b56d8d3bf129ea30c225a2166e.jpg

Your going proper soft too. Nice drawing thou.

When you modified it for blow through where you but the butterflys.

Edited by jonny1bump

Webster built SS bike for Jamie done similar thing to no class with pipework straight out exhaust but with turbo in draw though position but obviously as blow through injected looks good and simple. No intercooler they use nitrous for that. Not norm at all for S.S. bike looked stunning but yet to see it run.

No class gonna shoot me now for off topic but those of you who genuinely ridden turbo bikes properly how does turbo location feel to different locations. I know in hindsight stupid question due to many variables but got brain ticking away.

tried the draw through set up and even with all the top parts associated with that system it was ….shal we say..... a pain in the arse on the street …..could never get it to be smooth ….looks cool , sounds cool  but compared to a blow through system.....no fuckin contest . prefer turbo up front and close to the heat source ….. 

I believe it's 'swings and roundabouts' - traditional draw through has longish exhaust and ultra short inlet whilst the newer blow through has ultra short exhaust and long inlet. But IMO the latter 'could' suffer a degree of lag due to the considerable air volume that has to be compressed before creating measurable boost..............but it really is marginal. Can't say I've ever worried about lag or slow delivery with either combination - but do like having facility of a air to air IC.

Bruteforce's install should be laggy with its large exhaust volume and extended pipe runs - but I don't believe he has any complaints!

• 2 weeks later...

This was the old aircooled GS from over a decade ago. I never noticed lag, it went like crazy because it had a fairly small turbo and 1166cc motor. It was heavy! Benefits were the fairly easy piping and gravity drain of the turbo. Large plenum meant it was running spot-on right from the start on standard mains and everything. The NewTurboGS is "traditional" turbo-in-front mount. Efi and a larger turbo make for a more controllable bike compared to the old one. 

IMG_5357.JPG

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, slabbyfaceddean said:

No room for a draw through system, the ones i have seen all have a notch in the frame.  This is a blow through system if im not mistaken 

Using the above picture for reference - once the carbs are removed and the plenum takes their place, it should be no where near the frame so nothing needs 'notching' ! There is loads of space. . . . . whether you can get the turbo into the space behind is another matter. The TB can be located almost anywhere as its only moving air - injectors in the plenum - job done!

• Like 1