FCUK

jb

On 4/22/2019 at 9:47 AM, Allspeeds said:

Don’t waist your time and money on others just ring Richard at Maxton he will sort it out forks and shock at sensible money for up to date cartridges and shocks for your old skool bikes mate you can even take your bike to him to set up if you wanted

Couldn't agree more with Maxton for quality......cost is out of my range at the mo. although I know its reasonable in the grand scheme of things.

Useful thread here talking about what can be done with slabside forks for little cost.....  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had the first ride out for a while at the weekend for the mot, about 20 miles each way. Feeling more planted with the new rear shock and freshly serviced forks, very happy....oh, and the yoshi cyclone sounds beautiful :pimp:

DSC_0675.JPG

• Like 8
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2019 at 10:13 AM, yann7/11r said:

Very interested on how you feel on track with mods you done. 

Balance, stability,clearance...? Please. 

Hi Yann......it feels like the upgrades are going in the right direction.

I had some advice from Yoshi Jonny and Rob Bean - dropped the forks through the yokes by 10mm which has helped to give better feel and use from the front tyre.

Balance, stability and clearance are all good, I just need to back off the rear shock pre-load as it is a little too hard at present.

The main limiting factor is my ability on the bike, I need a better rider to try it now and push the bike further.....all applicants welcome :)

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback return.
Great to hear that your feeling on the bike is good. And some advices are always interesting to take, even if target is a really personal mix. More track practice will help you to improve your style...Come on in France for training !:banana:
What you must know is the fact that this kind of frame is (IMHO...always) the best for a oilcooled engine. Cause GS engine compartment is tiny. In total opposition with second perimetric frame generation G.Martin made (1980). The second one is designed for GSX engine era...and is higher, larger, eavier to accept bigger 4valves head and finaly a oilcooled engine is installed like "lost in frame" with so much place around (for me...always ). So,  i think yours is just perfect with a GsxR inside. Alloy tank is stuning too. Lot of MotoMartin didn't have one. On "standard bike", a fiberglass unit was majoritary installed in France during the period. Some country forbiden it totally and some race rules too...It was really expensive to have one at the time.
You've understand that i'm pretty interested by your work. I've a rolling frame just waiting some attention. Mine is a late one from 1982. Frame n° SC.... (sc for SuzCantilever) KC is logicaly for Kawi then.

• Like 2

very interesting Yann, and yes, I would love to come to France for some training one day :tu

if you need any photos of my engine installation for reference just let me know, look forward to seeing your roller :pimp:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Dezza said:

What gear shift arm is that, the bit that fits on the splined shaft?

Dunno dez, it was on the bike when I got it.....possibly aftermarket? the slot in it looks quite similar to the ones in the gear lever..... 

DSC_0160.JPG

DSC_0164.JPG

• Like 1

Ok, thanks John. I was wondering if it came from another make/model as I need one to fit an OSS oilcooled spline (think aircooled is the same) but with an offset ~10mm. I know some RGV 250, 400 Blandit and GSX1100 oil-shaft thingy have these but they are not easy/cheap to get.

On 11/8/2020 at 2:49 PM, Dezza said:

Ok, thanks John. I was wondering if it came from another make/model as I need one to fit an OSS oilcooled spline (think aircooled is the same) but with an offset ~10mm. I know some RGV 250, 400 Blandit and GSX1100 oil-shaft thingy have these but they are not easy/cheap to get.

Maybe same RAASK sparepart would do?

http://www.raask.se/suzuki_fp.html#1

• 1 month later...

A big thank you to @Katanawho very kindly did me a deal for his eagle exhaust which fits the Martin almost like it was made for it :tu

I've also started making a proper seat as I'm hoping to use the bike more regularly on the road this year.....I haven't got any decent cover materials at the moment so I've just used an old seat cover to get an idea of how the shape will look, I used the foam from a zxr750 front seat. 

DSC_0280.JPG

DSC_0305.JPG

DSC_0306.JPG

DSC_0307.JPG

DSC_0308.JPG

• Like 8
  • 1 month later...

Finally found 5 minutes spare and a little bit of sunshine to take the Martin for it's mot. Got an advisory for the chain being a bit slack :$ but passed nicely with it's new indicators and the comfortable seat is great lol

_20210225_151203.JPG

• Like 9
On 3/1/2021 at 7:25 PM, eddiegsx said:

Proper weapon that JB. I see you're from North Wales, hopefully see you out and about when we are released onto the roads(y)

Cheers Eddie....yes hope to see you at some point, I'll be using the bike for a bit of commuting too, now it's more comfortable :pimp:

• Like 1