FCUK

jb

Here is the latest edition to my collection, very happy to now proudly own a Moto Martin with a 750 slingshot engine.

LVUaFas.jpg

This is how it looked when i brought it home, the frame number is in the early 1000's and it was first registered in 1995. I found all the old tax discs in the holder which i love, it shows the bike was kept on the road until 1999 and has always been local to me which tallyed with the verbal history from the previous owner.

Edited by jb
  • Like 4

my first job was to remove the ugly RC30 seat unit and assess what i had to work with....

Specs are;

750 slabside forks & yokes, swingarm, shock, clocks and headlights

AP calipers

CMA aero wheels with what look to be GSX discs

Telefix adjustable clip-ons

GR77A motor and carbs

2W4vg2O.jpg

Although the powder coat on the frame is showing its age abit i'd rather get the bike up and running to see how it rides before doing a full strip and rebuild. Cant rush it as we're in the process of moving house at the mo, but have found a nice replacement single seat unit and will get new tyres, battery etc when i have some spare cash. Will probably swap the CV carbs for some flatsides too.

Edited by jb
  • Like 9

This was mine, Built by Doug @ Badger Motorcycles in Ipswich. Slabby 1052 engine, some hideously loud american exhaust (Mucho Fun), tankshop ally tank, aprillia RS125 seat, lots & lots of small one off bits as featured in 100% Biker or streetfighters or possibly even BSH - it was in one of them that Nik Samson was doing at the time. God I miss it. If anyone knows of another going for relativly sensible money let me know I have a credit card burning a hole in my pocket :-D

moto martin SF pic.jpg

• Like 8
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

a little update and a couple of photo's for anyone that didn't see the bike at Donington Park......

iv'e swapped the sump and oil pick-up to one off a slabby for for a better fit with the old V & H exhaust headers and fitted new oil cooler lines.....she's now a runner, still needs setting up but at least its heading in the right direction.

i have also been in contact with Georges Martin who has confirmed he made the frame in 1980/81 and it was originally built for a GS1000 motor :)

XpnXwx1.jpg?1

bgFYMIe.jpg?1

• Like 6

You're lucky to have an alloy tank.:tu
Look as GS1000 frame ! ( i don't want to contradict Georges...ooooh no !)9_9

But he's right. Not his favourite réalisation...as he said... But i have one and it's a good bike. The artists are sometimes hard on their past works...:P

Originaly with a "cantilever" type suspension. Your original swingarm will give good info about the date from the rest of the frame but 80/81 seems "young". (imho)

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Gpz1100_Convert said:

I have the perfect fairing for that in my shed too....

I have been looking at the moto martin endurance fairing from ragged edge but would be interested in alternatives if it's something you would consider parting with 

On 23/08/2017 at 8:12 PM, yann7/11r said:

Originaly with a "cantilever" type suspension. Your original swingarm will give good info about the date from the rest of the frame but 80/81 seems "young". (imho)

That is how I found the bike, it looks like the cantilever top mount has only been braced for rising rate rather than removed but only media blasting will reveal everything for sure........the early frame numbers would tally up an early build date 

On 27/08/2017 at 7:38 PM, jb said:

I have been looking at the moto martin endurance fairing from ragged edge but would be interested in alternatives if it's something you would consider parting with 

Bit of an oddball but it shopuld fit with a frame. Takes two cibies like most old skool stuff. One thing.. I doubt you will see another!

Mark

WP_20160526_20_55_32_Rich.jpg

WP_20160526_20_55_24_Rich.jpg

WP_20160526_20_55_59_Rich.jpg

WP_20160526_20_55_53_Rich.jpg

• Like 1