Pictures of previous OSS bashes

Blubber

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you guys planning another OSS do :D

Always......and 95 members say they're coming....25 turn up (the rest say "bike wouldn't start/got a puncture/it's raining/girl\boyfriend left me/dog's ill/got piles)....and us 'hardcore' 25 (same every time) have a great time... (y)

FOD B|

• Like 6

Always......and 95 members say they're coming....25 turn up (the rest say "bike wouldn't start/got a puncture/it's raining/girl\boyfriend left me/dog's ill/got piles)....and us 'hardcore' 25 (same every time) have a great time... (y)

FOD B|

You forgot "too far"

Edited by Blubber
editorial :-)
  • Like 1

Are you guys planning another OSS do :D

i do one or two a year two weeks ago at donnington a whole free weekend and a chance to ride the track still only about 15 turned up lookin at gettin a stand at snetterton and any one with a bike on the stand gets a session on the track and free entry what the fuck do i have to do to get people to turn up

apart from me not going

• Like 3

If we build it they will come..........

Seriously though, my view is that different people want different things from an event. If we do an event we need to try to cater for a broad church of expectations. Some people want to meet up for the social side some people expect some sort of bike orientated activity like a dyno shoot outs or a prize giving.

My take on it is that we should be aiming for an event that has:

• A dyno for a horsepower shoot out.( that will satisfy the horsepower junkies)
  • A social event in the evening.( that will satisfy the party people)
  • A bike of the year prize giving and some other fun give-aways/prizes.( that will give the show pony owners motivation to polish their tyres:D)
  • We should let the press know and hope for some magazine coverage ( that will motivate the media whores)
  • Build a bike in a weekend from parts donated.
  • Maybe a wee OSS ride out for those that like that sort of thing ( that ought to allow those that came with their bike in a van to get some riding in)

All in all we only really need one event per year and we should make it as varied and inclusive as possible. Focusing on the piss up bit only wont attract everyone.

From here on in OSS events will be OSS events not privately organised events under an OSS banner.

Edited by KATANAMANGLER
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...