K5 wheels in 750M?

Quist

Ok, before I spend a small fortune on a set wheels and discs...

So has anyone done it or know if it will work. A set Gsxr k5 wheels in a Gsxr 750 M. I know the front Axle is 25mm and the rear 27/28, that is an easy "problem" to solve. I'm mainly after if the sprocket carrier and disc spacing are quite correct or usable.

I'm gonna use a stock fork and a braced W swingarm. The K5 rear wheel is 6" wide.

It should be easier with a K5 fork but I want to stick at the stock fork.

Im pretty sure the sprocket offset is 10mm bigger on k5 wheels. 10mm offset front sprocket would make chain foul on the frame.

I used k1-4 wheels. Solved it with a combination of 2mm spacer behind front sprocket, 5mm off rear carrier and talon sprocket fitted backwards to get the chain run to be straight and wheel central

• Like 2
9 hours ago, MeanBean49 said:

Im pretty sure the sprocket offset is 10mm bigger on k5 wheels. 10mm offset front sprocket would make chain foul on the frame.

I used k1-4 wheels. Solved it with a combination of 2mm spacer behind front sprocket, 5mm off rear carrier and talon sprocket fitted backwards to get the chain run to be straight and wheel central

Exactly. 

I measured that theres 15mm need to go gone to get the wheel exact in the center. 

I can remove 5mm on the inside of the sprocket carrier, then I need to remove 10mm from the sprocket offset. Was thinking that a 10mm offset sprocket would solve it but indeed, the frame is in the way.. 

Idee: 5mm off the carrier, 5mm offset on front sprocket and a reversed offset rear sprocket which will solve the last 5mm.

Measured everything yesterday, nice to see the same solution! Thanks @MeanBean49 !

• Like 1
On 17-11-2016 at 8:14 AM, MeanBean49 said:

Sawpping 530 to 520 wont do anything. The inside face of the sprocket is still in the exact same place.

Not on it's own, agreed. But when a 530 runs close to the frame, a 520 will let you move the whole chain almost 4mm? further out.

51 minutes ago, TLRS said:

Not on it's own, agreed. But when a 530 runs close to the frame, a 520 will let you move the whole chain almost 4mm? further out.

Yeah but then you have to space the rear sprocket carrier somehow, which isnt a good idea as they are meant to have the sprocket sit flush against it to take the torque from the engine properly

Exactly, the rear sprocket is bob on the middle of the carrier bearing. The front sprocket, well I'm sure you know why I wouldn't want to move it further out :tu

For reference, my rear wheel is a 1000k1/8. The distance between the centre of the wheel, and the face the sprocket sits against:

+- 117,5mm

TL

+- 111mm