6 pots on a bandit.

majortom4

4 hours ago, MeanBean49 said:

Triumph calipers are exactly the same caliper as nissin 4 pots just badged triumph. Tend to cost more than a set of nissins for some reason though.

I could be wrong on this, but was told the pistons are bigger on the Triumph versions.  Price is luck off the draw on ebray, my buddy paid peanuts for the set he bought.

• 4 years later...

Just thought I'd hijack this old thread for others who have searched for something similar.

Tokico 6 pots are rubbish. At their best & when looked after they are a good caliper but require frequent stripping to maintain the same braking performance as any decent 4 pot.

If you are looking for replacements and really want to stick with something that looks meatier than "just 4 pots", ISR, PFM, Harrison, Beringer all have 6 pot axial calipers for MEGABUCKS as they're a bit...special, but they're lovely. As a cheaper option, fit this axial-to-radial machined bracket from HELhttps://www.helperformance.com/axial-to-radial-caliper-conversion-brackets and then fit a common used radial caliper for less money because radial calipers are now the braking "standard" and because of the law of supply-and-demand they are now really affordable. And then you really have awesome stoppers. You will need to change your MC to suit.

Edited by stueypie
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 1:24 AM, stueypie said:

Just thought I'd hijack this old thread for others who have searched for something similar.

Tokico 6 pots are rubbish. At their best & when looked after they are a good caliper but require frequent stripping to maintain the same braking performance as any decent 4 pot.

If you are looking for replacements and really want to stick with something that looks meatier than "just 4 pots", ISR, PFM, Harrison, Beringer all have 6 pot axial calipers for MEGABUCKS as they're a bit...special, but they're lovely. As a cheaper option, fit this axial-to-radial machined bracket from HELhttps://www.helperformance.com/axial-to-radial-caliper-conversion-brackets and then fit a common used radial caliper for less money because radial calipers are now the braking "standard" and because of the law of supply-and-demand they are now really affordable. And then you really have awesome stoppers. You will need to change your MC to suit.

You do realise because your mounting a radial caliper using conventional forks it completely negates the whole thing that makes radials better.

You dont need to upgrade your master cylinder either, its still just a piston in a hole pushing pistons out of holes.

A radial master will however give better feel over axial.

And you tend to find newer calipers have a better selection of pads available.

A radial master and some nissin 4 pots with good race pads and braided hoses will be every bit as good as radials mounted with those adaptors but at a fraction of the cost

• Like 1

going back to the busa 6 pots, i had no end of problems trying to bleed them up on customers bikes, never got them the same as a brand new bike, (love to know how the factory did them)  but someone told me the seals out of  a zxr of some sort helped. the suzuki seal's have a tapered edge on them which is meant to help the pistons retract (that came from a suzuki tech)  so i tried a set of seals from the zxr which are square like normal seals and they made a big difference.  i don't know for sure if this is the problem with the 6 pots but i know other guys who have done the same thing with good results.  but i'm sticking with my 4 pots. ;)

• Like 1
On 11/7/2016 at 3:47 PM, MeanBean49 said:

They do work ok when looked after, but no better than the 4 pots which take far less maintenance to keep that way, and they bleed up way easier.

Best upgrade is the tokico 4 pots off early s-rad 600 and Tl1000s they perform a bit better than 4 pot nissins.

Zx7rr nissin 6 pots are the real ones to have but are rocking horse poo.

Mv f4 calipers are the same nissin 6 pots but they are a wierd bolt spacing and dont fit.

I find harrision billets are ok but more a bling caliper than performance

Pfm 6 pots are awesome with the matching discs

Any caliper fully working with good discs, braided lines and quality pads should be more than up to the job of stopping well.

A radial master cylinder is avout the best mod you can make to a brake system, feel and control is so much better.

Thats what i have found anyway :-)

Radial Brembo disc -caliper -MC are the best brakes I’ve ever used absolutely awesome 

19 minutes ago, Hoomietune said:

Radial Brembo disc -caliper -MC are the best brakes I’ve ever used absolutely awesome 

All placebo if they have been used on conventional forks.

Normal mounted brembos with a normal brembo master with the same discs and pads would perform just the same