Bakker Turbo

• 10 months later...

Been a while since i touched my bike i started it a few months ago fired up instantly.

This week was a special week for me cause i rode the bakker for the first time in 10 months.

Must say it scared me i forgot how powerfull it was, so i eased off the throttle to get the feeling again. It felt good so i want more...

Bike rode like a dream besides the leaking clutch master cilinder.

Brand new and leaking after using it for only a few rides, bought a refurbish set and now al is good

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Leblowski said:

Indeed The Laverdaframes are in fact bakker designs. I wonder what engine will fit as it's a narrow frame.

Wonder if a TL motor could be persuaded to fit? GS twin?TRX850/New Super Tenere motor?

GS 500 is probably a better motor than the Laverda unit... I remember seeing one converted to a BMW F650 single - was lighter and made more power than the Lav unit.

6 hours ago, Gammaboy said:

Wonder if a TL motor could be persuaded to fit? GS twin?TRX850/New Super Tenere motor?

GS 500 is probably a better motor than the Laverda unit... I remember seeing one converted to a BMW F650 single - was lighter and made more power than the Lav unit.

Anything can be made to fit with some modifications.

About the non-Suzuki engines: we don't know and we don't care. Stop hi-jacking this awesome thread.

Edited by Captain Chaos
  • Like 2
  • 8 months later...

Little update 

The last big thing was to do a complete suspension overhaul

I got in touch with former WP employees wich got fired when the factory went to ktm so they started there own business

After a good talk with them i decided that they needed to do my suspension icw me taking the bike apart at there workshop to keep cost low as possible.

It turned out that there was a lot wrong with my suspension some a.  Hole took both front end en rearsuspension apart in the past and put it back the wrong way wich caused damage to the internals etc

Other thing we discovered that the suspension i have is one of taylor made and supposely worth between 4500 and 5000 euro

Not that i actually care cause i am not gonna sell

Parts are not availlable so some stuff had to be made.

Now two weeks later the suspension is fully upgraded and in perfect working order

Next year i will get the stanchions rechromed cause they where damaged by bad engineering skills

So now get it back in one piece, next stop Donington.

IMG_9491.JPG

IMG_9492.JPG

IMG_9480.JPG

• Like 5

Hi Leblowski,

Thanks for the update to the story as I missed it first time around so have now read from the beginning and Wow, what an epic and inspirational bike.

Really looking forward to seeing at Donnington.

I really need a turbo bike in my life :)

• Like 1

Bakker is back from its suspension update it has cost a fortune but i am quit happy now.

The upgrade has put my bike a tad higher on its wheels about 1.5 to 2 cm and it sits more on its front now so i am sure this will improve steering.

In the past i had problems with cornering due to the 3 inch exhaust but now the bike is highter on its wheels i think this problem could be gone.

Always found that the sidestand whas to short but now its perfect.

Glad i didnt alter sidestand and exhaust in the past.

So testride this week to check !

IMG_9573.JPG

Edited by Leblowski
  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...

So it’s been a while since i posted here.

I used the bike well in the past been to Donington, Isle of man etc. The bike behaved wel but does have a few thing needs changing.

Since i do trackdays i appearently dive into corners deeper then i used to wich almost made me wreck the bike cause the exhaust touches in right handers so back too the drawing board.

I brought the xhaust inwards wich made me sacrifice the 76 mm pipe so i took out some on the inside. Exhaust is almost done.

Another thing is i have smoke when i brake hard the turbo isnt high enough so i will try too fix this creating a pipe inside the engine wich wil be very close in the pick up hoping this will be enough suction. If it does not work i probably go the mech scav pump again.

last but not least i have elektrical gremlings the startermotor turns on its own whenever it wants to so i have some wiring to check maybe its a ripped wire or even a faulty starterrelais 

0273D9D3-4D21-4AB8-88C1-69896CAF268D.jpeg

592C2311-A93C-46F4-9BF6-725EA925BA8D.jpeg

57019B34-0B57-4E89-B9DE-D6A1A570D03C.jpeg

A14A755B-3B65-4700-B2E3-2FF278F3647F.jpeg

6567A63D-6E74-4590-B7FD-9EE00571D772.jpeg

• Like 8

So exhaust done and ready, oil return moved to the bottom of the sump located excactly under the pick up also made a diveder underneath the pick so when i brake the oil bumps into that first so hopefully this changes wil help

The thing i am the most happy about is i found my electrical gremlin.

The problem was the startermotor ran without touching the starterbutton when it wanted couldnt find the problem for two years i thought it was a problem with witing or the mgm unit.

After rewiring some switchgear and toring the bike to pieces i discovered the problem was the nut wich holds the thick wire from starterrelais too battery was loose in its housing and probably made contact with the starter whenever it wanted.

So happy camper here i was a bit worried my mgm unit was toast

Tomorrow i will take the bike out to a bikeshow especially for Nico Bakker bikes

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Leblowski said:

So exhaust done and ready, oil return moved to the bottom of the sump located excactly under the pick up also made a diveder underneath the pick so when i brake the oil bumps into that first so hopefully this changes wil help

The thing i am the most happy about is i found my electrical gremlin.

The problem was the startermotor ran without touching the starterbutton when it wanted couldnt find the problem for two years i thought it was a problem with witing or the mgm unit.

After rewiring some switchgear and toring the bike to pieces i discovered the problem was the nut wich holds the thick wire from starterrelais too battery was loose in its housing and probably made contact with the starter whenever it wanted.

So happy camper here i was a bit worried my mgm unit was toast

Tomorrow i will take the bike out to a bikeshow especially for Nico Bakker bikes

Cool - please post pics of the NB bike show!:)