Harris Mag 2

Been looking at the rear shock this evening, I know the swinger is from a gsxr wp but the shock has lost it soul a long time ago

wp shock is 312mm eye to eye

i have a K4 Gsxr thou shock but it's 332mm eye to eye and fouls the bottom linkage which is a wp

anybody done anything similar and made it work ? 

Edited by Dangerous

i am currently having a bit of surgery on rear shock mount too .

but a word of warning the harris frames are designed to have shock orientation as a cantilever , the frames are braced for this 

i have heard of people fitting diffrent swing arms and not having the bracing in right place .

a chap fitted a ducati sssa  as a rising rate and buckled his frame he had used the seat rails and put a tube between then a shock mount 

he went for a spirited ride hit a bad bit of road and it didnt end well

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Apologies Guys im still alive and been steady away at it Blubber haha

Trying to buy a house so that keeps strangling the finances so it's not getting huge amounts of cash injections recently but it's defiantly not being forgotten about 

Fitted a set of anodised black TLR forks 

Brembo brake and clutch master cylinders

Renthal Drag bars 

Repositioned the clocks to tie the ET headlight in better

Busa wheel and wavey discs

Fitted a TLR mudguard but I'm gonna have to rework it as it looks far 90's 

20170107_154138.jpg

Edited by Dangerous
  • Like 4
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Woke up the other morning to seeing this pic of my Harris and it's given me the boot up the arse to get back on with it again.

Recently I've grafted the K4 swinger onto it and modified a B12 shock with srad750 linkages and it seems to be tying the rear all together so that's her rolling.

The airbox is the next headache namely due to the fact I can't get any sort of filter onto the throttle bodies, been doing a lot of research into carbing the 14 unit but as I'm not good with wires and ecu it's a no goer, decided the best and easiest way forward is to fit a blower, I've designed my plenum and waiting to convert it from cardboard into metal, I have thought a bit about twin turbos and would love to go down that road but not sure I have enough knowledge to be going that route without blowing shit up 

received_10213001081119203.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 4 years later...

Holy project revival, been next to no progress on this build for the last 4 years

I’ve still not acquired the tig welding skills or had the chance to sit down with a boost head and plan the routing of the pipe work 

have a plenum made up for it albeit it may need a little tweaking but with the space I had, I managed to make it so it has 2 litres internal capacity, hopefully that’s enough to keep the cylinders breathing on boost 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Dangerous said:

Holy project revival, been next to no progress on this build for the last 4 years

I’ve still not acquired the tig welding skills or had the chance to sit down with a boost head and plan the routing of the pipe work 

have a plenum made up for it albeit it may need a little tweaking but with the space I had, I managed to make it so it has 2 litres internal capacity, hopefully that’s enough to keep the cylinders breathing on boost 

2L should be alright, got a picture of it. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/27/2021 at 12:00 PM, clivegto said:

2L should be alright, got a picture of it. 

This is the plenum I’ve made so far, still a bit fettling to do for the inlet pipework but it’s there or thereabouts 

I’ve had to come in through the right hand side due to the throttle bodies on the left leaving next to no room 

BE84A063-E6FB-48B1-B387-15FFE41162FC.jpeg

0DBBFCEA-F9F7-43CD-ACC0-36339B6905FF.jpeg

• Like 2