Teapot DOT Head?

nightrider

Thanks m8s!

Been looking forever for one of these. I was very eager to make that trade ;)

Three heads, 5 stators w/ rotors and three air boxes for a DOT engine, a 750es engine, 750w rear wheel, 1150es front suspension, an 1100e head w/ cams and valves.

Not too shabby......

Edited by nightrider
  • Like 1
On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 9:42 AM, Swirl said:

would you see an improvement with a teapot dot head a bandit 12 lump, or is it only the gsxr dot head any good

Yes, But you will need to use 750 K or 1100 K cams to get the most out of it. Teapot cams are a softer profile.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 2:42 AM, Swirl said:

would you see an improvement with a teapot dot head a bandit 12 lump, or is it only the gsxr dot head any good

I'll let you know! My teapot DOT is going on my K4 Bandit. Incidentally, it seems even teapot cams are higher lift than what the Mk2 Bandit uses.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 years later...
On 8/28/2016 at 11:21 AM, SiBag said:

Iv got a teapot DOT head on my Bandit 1200 Harris build.

Hi @SiBagwhat Harris frame have you got ? Thinking of going DOT head on a rebuild GSXr1100 engine to go in a Mag 4 frame but a bit worried the angle of the DOT inlet and position of carbs will not fit. Did yours fit OK ? Do you have a build thread on here for your bike ? Had a look but couldn't find anything. cheers

35 minutes ago, Wagola said:

Hi @SiBagwhat Harris frame have you got ? Thinking of going DOT head on a rebuild GSXr1100 engine to go in a Mag 4 frame but a bit worried the angle of the DOT inlet and position of carbs will not fit. Did yours fit OK ? Do you have a build thread on here for your bike ? Had a look but couldn't find anything. cheers

As has been mentioned in a couple of threads 750 j/k inlet rubbers an carb tops (36mm) are shorter but appear to be rocking horse approaching unicorn poop....