Scavenge pump location

I built mine on the left side of the cranck case, I extended the drive shaft from the oil pump.

I used the pump gears from a stock oil pump, made the housing myself.

What gixxer1460 sys is probably the easiest way to do. I did built a pump like that too, but that was to feed the turbo, but that didn't work because off all that pressure I had leaks (this was more my own fault - it was in the experimental phase), but as a scavenge pump it should work.

Edited by Reinhoud

I would of thought so, though I haven't looked to see how many amps the alternator puts out. That oil pump wouldn't put out its FLC as it wouldn't be working that hard, I would of thought it would of been more the fuel pump as your restricting it down so much

Edited by Tombola

From what I can find the GSXR / GSX-F alternators seem to be 22-25A output so stacking all the electrical draws together (ie worse case with everything on) gives std bikes a little surplus for battery charging. Add in additional electrical pumps (fuel and oil scavenge) @ 6A each, wideband lambda's EFI (if fitted) and the system soon runs into deficit with no real alternatives unfortunately. The 'windscreen washer' type pumps used for oil scavenge with 1A draw are obviously more economical electrically.

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 9:45 PM, Tombola said:

I would call this huge for a bike! It doesn't matter as I do have another use for it but I must admit I did think it would be alot smaller 

image.jpg

Don't know what they cost but I,m sure with a bit of work the pump bit could be mounted on a cover and be engine driven...

On 8/26/2016 at 6:03 PM, Gixer1460 said:

Plenty of people use electric pumps but they can't be described as geared and huge so I naturally assumed it was a mechanical one! I believe the mechanical parts like in mine come from 50cc / monkey bike engine oil pumps just built into a nice housing.

This is mine - quite small but sufficient! That is an M10 x 50 screw that got modified to pick up on the pump drive and mate with the M8 cap screw holding the ign. rotor

nlr-oil pump B&W.JPG