15 hours ago, teapot said:

I love 2 strokes had an rgv once 74bhp on dyno with print out , was running full f3 spec kit , bought off a guy  who had imported a load of bikes from japan and didnt want it so i got it cheap, :D

That must have been like a grenade waiting to go off.

But fun..

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Rode over to Sleaford Saturday to get the Zeeltronic fitted and set-up.Bottled doing it after looking at the multiple unfinished wires and not wanted to start chopping plugs off just in case I killed the electrics I got Sean at the Tuning Works to sort it for me.

I made the tea and did the strip down and rebuild while Sean did the leccy/tech jobs.

Nice clean install and the ability to unplug and replug the existing loom back in just in case the box is ever faulty.

Plug into Sean's laptop and set the parameters for valve opening(8,000 to 10,600rpm), quick test ride and all's now good with the motor.The ride home was a blast :D,the lightly tuned motor is now on song ready for Dyno day in July.I have a handheld programmer so can just plug in and set the rpm to valve opening % if I need to further fine tune, without the need to take a laptop with me.

Ran out of fuel on the way home as I was getting excited and missed the petrol station while on reserve....short push to the next one.

Even getting 29 to the gallon which is good for the grin factor and lifts the front end in 1st and 2nd gear from a standing start :tu

IMG_5588.jpeg

IMG_5187.jpeg

Edited by Simbec1863
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, SiBag said:

I may have to get me one of those there fancy magic boxes.

My 22 has a mahoosive hole in the power at 8K,

Well worth it,I've only got the p/v controller as I ran out of funds but they do a CDI/PV box that gets rid of the standard kit and is fully programmable and even has a quick shifter option I'm told they give better gains on the VJ22 than the 21.Can't believe the difference in the bike now 

Edited by Simbec1863
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Back from my hols so had a bit of time to kill,got the smoker out and fitted the new race step kit.

As with all these things had to do a bit of adjusting with a file to get the old parts to meet the new,all done and changed to race shift.

Checked over and a bit of a clean,all ready for dyno day next Sunday, then a track day a week on Thursday :)

C242709A-5D03-4DFD-9CE5-48A53DB57D7A.jpeg

B32B6DE9-6CCB-4124-A213-F89CE606F69C.jpeg

6DD2E465-F216-457F-9B53-041655944314.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Back from the Dyno Day and good to catchup with some old friends and new faces to.Russ the dyno man was a top bloke and told me the smoker was running a little rich but that’s ok for now as I prefer it safe than too lean especially as it will mainly be used for track days.

Showed 54 bhp on the dyno he reckons he could get me another 3bhp with a few tweaks and test runs.Track day beckons this Thursday will try to get some pictures.

ED4D32BE-5A17-4811-9313-8DA3C2DE2179.jpeg

925B7F7D-7BB1-437E-88F7-E4AEA718FCCA.jpeg

FEB4DA5E-62BD-4ED6-9F1E-B4BF176F7980.jpeg

• Like 1

Track day at Blyton Park today,bloody hot but great fun 2stroke only with 16 smokers out on track,plenty of RGV250s ,a couple of RGV 300 conversions and 2 RGV 500s plus lots of other makes. Smoker went well with no blowups, the road tyres weren’t the best with a couple of big slides but they scuffed up eventually and kept me shiny side up,home now having a beer after much sweating all dayxD

22041C3A-AE88-4CB4-8F55-117C88DFF79C.jpeg

5DD9CD31-3FD4-4A10-B63B-6BB347D28256.jpeg

D8B0AD96-257E-4533-9DCB-0C320AF26C7B.jpeg

Edited by Simbec1863
  • Like 5