slabside engine swap

Crazylien

my slabside engine did some damage after an oilpump failure now i would swap her out for an younger 1127 , still my slabside engine has all new gearbox and new barnet clutch and springs , would this fit an 1127 engine ? and would it for at first be possible to let her run on my 33mm flatsides . with proper jetting of course ...  are there any other problems i might run into ? 

Guest YoshiJohnny

Mine is a GSXR750F frame with an 1127 motor... easy enough to swap but rear upper engine mount is a different diameter bolt. Mine also runs the VM29s but bored out to 33mm and it works OK just runs out of puff a bit top end..

4 hours ago, YoshiJohnny said:

You will need a different exhaust as the 1127 is taller

I don't think that's the case I'm sure that del ran a set of 750 downpipes on his 1100k and all he did was swamped the 1100k sump and oil pickup for a blandit one, I could be wrong though

Edited by Redpear
On 11/08/2016 at 6:06 PM, YoshiJohnny said:

rear upper engine mount is a different diameter bolt. 

Rear lower fixed mounting brackets are a different size ;) 
11's are 12mm and 750's are 10mm. You can either take them out to 12mm or fit a copper sleeve inside the mount on the engine ,to take it down to 10mm :)

Edited by Del
On 13/08/2016 at 8:20 AM, Captain Chaos said:

what I mean is all engine mounts are 10mm, except lower rear on 1127 and 1157 which is 12mm

Yep 1052 are 10mm and 1127/56 and 57 are 12mm.
Only know this because just put the powerscreen 1127 into Sonny's 1100g :)