First thread...woohoo !!!! TL1000S Owners....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is my tl 97 with a R1 shock. It is broken at thr moment as well. But chief mechanic Derek will be fixing it soon. Had it two days thought I would clean it only to find pearlescent white wheels what I thought where silver. 

1525371_10203092982791974_241957458_n.jpeg

I did that..B|

whats broke on it?/ I swopped it 3 years ago for a 1200 bandit...:)

DSCF8420.jpg

anyway you don't just need to ride one, you need to race one, now that's fun:)

Donington2005_214.jpg

or an R...............

rad-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I did that..B|

whats broke on it?

The motor locked up solid,so i stripped the top ends,thinking it had siezed up. It turned out to be the starter clutch sprockets and starter motor deciding to part company.Should have checked that first.
It really had a rough few years.So now it is having a complete rebuild,rewire(loom was a mess),new indicators,pads(they were nearly down to the metal),new hel brake hoses,switchgear sorting
,new risers/bars/grips,chain,new nuts/bolts all around,hugger,tyres and undertray/bellypan(when he gets them) :) 11811434_10153213653859125_445477763013911813276_10153213652469125_1975108212319

Edited by Del

That was lucky it was the starter gears, my red race bike did that at Donnington, going under the Dunlop bridge in a sound of thunder race in 2005, as I changed down from 6th to 5th there was a big bang and the rear wheel locked solid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o huge skid marks, in me pants and on the track, turned out one of the engagement dogs fell off of the back of 5th gear and got jammed... cost a fortune to fix and that was using second hand gearbox bits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do like TL's, thats why I bought the orange one ( my 3rd) , it was a Eblag late night come home from pub just have one bid to see what the reserve is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And I won!!!   it wasent bad but lots of bits missing non running project... poor bloke had just had it painted then got made redundant so had to flog it half done... Tried to sell it once it was running but couldn't flog it so swopped it for a bandit 1200 and sold that:tu

DSCF8142.jpg

• 1 month later...