Swirl's Harris

Swirl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I cant speak for anyone else but mine the engine was solid mounted with aluminum slugs in the front where the rubber mounts where, I have had some nylon bushes turned out as the Ali ones where siezed in the frame due to the previous owner leaving it outside under a sheet for umpteen years whilst trying to drink himself to death

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Swirl said:

I cant speak for anyone else but mine the engine was solid mounted with aluminum slugs in the front where the rubber mounts where, I have had some nylon bushes turned out as the Ali ones where siezed in the frame due to the previous owner leaving it outside under a sheet for umpteen years whilst trying to drink himself to death

remember nylon swells with water too

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Well things have changed and due to an operation next month, reluctantly I've had to move the Harris on to a new home, it couldn't have gone to a better home, cant wait to see @clivegto does with the old girl, Clive the floor is yours.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Swirl said:

Well things have changed and due to an operation next month, reluctantly I've had to move the Harris on to a new home, it couldn't have gone to a better home, cant wait to see @clivegto does with the old girl, Clive the floor is yours.

Nice to see you again mate good luck with the op. After a 2 1/2 hour road trip to get there it took 3 1/2 hours to get home but have a smile on my face.

20170512_195936.jpg

20170512_201412.jpg

20170512_201422.jpg

• Like 3

Been doing the obligatory mock up when you first get a new project. I have some r1 wheels which are close to the frame colour. Think I might keep the frame colour. Just put some b12 forks in for now, pic of the first seat unit came with the frame & is heavier than the bludy tank. Second one is of my other slabby project. The r1 wheel is to big for the little gull arm.

20170513_153832.jpg

20170513_162508.jpg

20170513_161104.jpg

20170513_160916.jpg

• Like 5
On Tue May 16 2017 at 11:42 AM, Swiss Toni said:

Good project! Keep the 'photo's coming!(y)

More pics then. Got a gsxr 750k4 complete rear seat unit all I have to do is make it fit the harris with out moding the frame O.o. Plan is to lift the seat higher as I have read that magnum 2's are quite cramped. Not quite as high as in the pic. Ordered 4 tank rubbers from harris today they dont stock the 2 needed to hold the tank on as the use't to get them from the vacume cleaner shop from round the corner, couldn't help but laugh down the phone when they told me that.

20170517_165347.jpg

20170517_121345.jpg

20170517_172312.jpg

20170517_172425.jpg

• Like 3