Swirl's Harris

Swirl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Odd small thing I hadn't finished off properly which has been bugging me for a while was the speedo pick-up bracket which is mounted to the front right caliper. Pick-up sensor is just held in place with a metal bracket and a big rubber grommet which has worked really well for 1200 miles. When I first mounted the calipers I had to make some ally 5mm spacors to clear the disks, pick-up bracket is 3mm so just put a couple of peny washers behind it. Today I decided to put it right. Got the 5mm spacor I had removed and set about removing 3mm from the middle of it with my hacksaw, file and a bit of glass paper. After a couple of hours I achieved what I set out to do. Painted the metal bit with Lidl gloss black. Just have to let it dry properly to re-fit it. 

• Like 1
On 11/12/2022 at 4:56 PM, clivegto said:

Odd small thing I hadn't finished off properly which has been bugging me for a while was the speedo pick-up bracket which is mounted to the front right caliper. Pick-up sensor is just held in place with a metal bracket and a big rubber grommet which has worked really well for 1200 miles. When I first mounted the calipers I had to make some ally 5mm spacors to clear the disks, pick-up bracket is 3mm so just put a couple of peny washers behind it. Today I decided to put it right. Got the 5mm spacor I had removed and set about removing 3mm from the middle of it with my hacksaw, file and a bit of glass paper. After a couple of hours I achieved what I set out to do. Painted the metal bit with Lidl gloss black. Just have to let it dry properly to re-fit it. 

God that’s a great little bracket, my slingy project will be running a gsxr750 k7 front end and I was looking for some sort of clock ideas 

im shite with electrics 

do you have any suggestions on what clocks to use? 

5 hours ago, Marc clayton said:

God that’s a great little bracket, my slingy project will be running a gsxr750 k7 front end and I was looking for some sort of clock ideas 

im shite with electrics 

do you have any suggestions on what clocks to use? 

These ones are Koso RX3, but lots out there to choose from :tuIMG_20221116_090708.thumb.jpg.2988e65eecc21ef62d6d208f52dfc93a.jpg

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@clivegtoHi bud, to save me reading through the whole post again ! I think I've read it at least twice.xD Was hoping you could answer me a couple of questions.

What head have you got fitted to the motor ? Is it a DOT head ? I have a Mag 4 that I'm thinking of fitting a DOT head on to but was wondering about any clearance issues that there may be because of the different angle of the carbs. Do you know if a DOT head fits with a Mag 4 frame and tank ?

Cheers

32 minutes ago, Wagola said:

@clivegtoHi bud, to save me reading through the whole post again ! I think I've read it at least twice.xD Was hoping you could answer me a couple of questions.

What head have you got fitted to the motor ? Is it a DOT head ? I have a Mag 4 that I'm thinking of fitting a DOT head on to but was wondering about any clearance issues that there may be because of the different angle of the carbs. Do you know if a DOT head fits with a Mag 4 frame and tank ?

Cheers

Head is a b12 with big valves flowed by Rodger Upperton. I do have a 1052 motor with a dot head which I have had in my b12, 750 slabby and is now fitted in a 1100 slabby frame. No idea if it'll fit a mag 4 but any thing can be made to work with a little modification. It'll probably depend on what carbs you use as some are just physically bigger.20180321_171822.jpg.e7a5cf5d513beb6bc9d2dd48152a7f64.thumb.jpg.4b9e89050a6b5aab84eb197192be8376.jpg 20180320_201757.jpg.58a3e2818778d189d2281f5af4622b7b.thumb.jpg.0431d7dad3e0554b2056b42ade7600f5.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...