Swirl's Harris

Swirl

It threw me at the time mate but I’m assuming the bore of a 16mm piston just doesn’t move the fluid far enough in one pull as a 19mm so it doesn’t lift to clear wich bye fitting longer push rod you would think would compensate but it doesn’t  odd but hay every days a school day 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Allspeeds said:

It threw me at the time mate but I’m assuming the bore of a 16mm piston just doesn’t move the fluid far enough in one pull as a 19mm so it doesn’t lift to clear wich bye fitting longer push rod you would think would compensate but it doesn’t  odd but hay every days a school day 

Changing push rod length will do bugger all to affect ratio.

The slave will move exactly same distance every time master is pulled.

All you need to make sure with rod length is its not too long that its partially disengaging clutch, and not too short that its taking too much of the slaves movement up before it starts acting on the clutch pack.

Run 16mm ducati Brembo on mine for years. Is nice and light, but only just has enough displacement to disengae clutch so its crap for fast launches.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Wagola said:

Fuckin love that bike !!! The only slight criticism I have is the front oil cooler .......... an after market one would look better but thats only my opinion, and its not my bike. 

Unfortunately !!!! 

I did nearly fit a wide cooler but wanted to keep it looking compact and the 2 coolers combined hold more oil than my other turbo bike with a extra wide cooler. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, clivegto said:

I did nearly fit a wide cooler but wanted to keep it looking compact and the 2 coolers combined hold more oil than my other turbo bike with a extra wide cooler. 

Makes sense, do you run the coolers in tandem or is one a head cooler ? 

So glad you changed the frame colour. Really suits the bike now.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, jonny1bump said:

Clive surprised you not changed to cable far nicer then hydraulic.

So old school not it good way. You will have all adjustability you want then.

Probably not being enough for you thou :D

Yea. My b12 turbo bike with cable clutch and coil spring conversion with a lockup clutch is the lightest of them all. Will not be doing the fancy hydraulic thing any time soon again. 

New carb parts all seem good, well worth the money.  Bike still refused to rev past 3 1/2 grand without popping and farting. Settings were 117.5 mains, 37.5 pilot, middle notch on needles, 2 turns out on air screw. After messing around with it four a couple of hours this evening it will run past 3 1/2 grand without to much popping and farting. Settings I have it on now are 124 mains, 37.5 pilot, bottom not on needles, 3 turns out air screw. Have ordered some 130 mains and some 40 pilots to see what happens when there fitted. IMG_20210907_172514.thumb.jpg.a530c8215d5fc39e4aa8ee791d7551c7.jpg

Edited by clivegto
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, wraith said:

Don't know much about turbo bikes but a 130 mian seems small to me, did have 144 in a set of b12 carbs and always seemed to hold back, I put some 150 in and it now really goes and I'm getting 55 mpg

Turbo mains tend to be small sometimes standard size so this has surprised me O.o 

Ended up with 155 on my last N/A bike. 

Edited by clivegto
  • Like 1