Swirl's Harris

Swirl

• 3 weeks later...

OK so the local powder coaters made some enquiries but looks like it's not going to happen there for a while. So I asked Gary who did his and another Spondon owner that also had his frame powdered black chrome. Both place are over 200 miles away from me, impossible for me to take it in person during this lock down. I then spoke to one of the companies who said no problem just courier it to them and they would courier it back when the job was done. I then set about making the frame look like a mummy (2nd one in a week did a slingshot for another site member). I then made a odd shaped pallet to ship it on. Transport company picked it up this afternoon it will be delivered on Monday. IMG_20210113_180511.thumb.jpg.f8e16bc50c3790252d3c839fa3cde01c.jpgIMG_20210115_104050.thumb.jpg.5ba5442593a50e296855bf86643ea9c2.jpg

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Dezza said:

I hope they are more careful than the fuckwits that powdered my Harris frame - some plonker dropped it onto a hard surface:( No mention of any names but they are based in REDDITCH and they do SHOTBLASTING.

It's gone to one of the top places in the country so should be fine. I must admit I was a little apprehensive about sending it until I spoke with them on the phone. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Have been told by the coaters where the frame is turnaround time for frames is normal 2 to 3weeks but they are short of staff at the moment, just a waiting game I suppose. I dropped the plenum and a load of brackets off at my local coaters near York last week in passing, luckily I was able to pick them up in passing today. Shiny gloss black is what I asked for and that's what I got back. IMG_20210129_142840.thumb.jpg.77973a4f189b0a124920057265adfd48.jpg

Edited by clivegto
  • Like 4
22 hours ago, clivegto said:

Have been told by the coaters where the frame is turnaround time for frames is normal 2 to 3weeks but they are short of staff at the moment, just a waiting game I suppose. I dropped the plenum and a load of brackets off at my local coaters near York last week in passing, luckily I was able to pick them up in passing today. Shiny gloss black is what I asked for and that's what I got back. IMG_20210129_142840.thumb.jpg.77973a4f189b0a124920057265adfd48.jpgBit late for the frame now but wondered if you had tried Bettablast up in Shiremoor near Newcastle? They seem to have a quick turnaround and seems to have pride producing a good job before he lets them out the door . Lots of chat and pics on his Facebook pages. I’ve had her indoors car wheels done there and just dropped my motors wheels off for a blast/coat including tyres removed/refitted for pick up next Saturday. 

@clivegtoNot sure but his colour sample wall is a bit over whelming if you wandered in trying to decide on which one you wanted without a preference. He would no doubt answer if asked on fb etc . More useful for next frame/  bits given yours is already shipped out. I’ll be back there next Saturday picking my wheels up and can ask if wanted/ take pic of a sample if he has one made up?

8 minutes ago, Macduff said:

@clivegtoNot sure but his colour sample wall is a bit over whelming if you wandered in trying to decide on which one you wanted without a preference. He would no doubt answer if asked on fb etc . More useful for next frame/  bits given yours is already shipped out. I’ll be back there next Saturday picking my wheels up and can ask if wanted/ take pic of a sample if he has one made up?

Yes you might as well as him while your there, thanks.