My 1100M Cafe Racer under construction

Hi Jinxy, the down pipes are from a micron race system, the end cans were generic ones i got from HUC who built the frame, Graham there also made up the link pipes and made it all fit as he was doing some other work on the frame for me. I can try and find out where the end cans came from, i used to have companies name but can't remember it now, but could find out if you want it?

Yeah very similar looking... i would have used the Dan Moto ones if i'd got the original down pipes but my donor bike came with a full Micron on and i thought the down pipes would be worth retaining and getting the rest custom made. My end cans were from an UK company that Supplies the bike trade, cos Graham at HUC gave me the website address so i could chose some cans that he then ordered. Not sure if they only did,  trade and buggered now if i can remember the name of the company.

I bought a set of the Dan Moto adjustable clip ons got got really frustrated trying to set them up so got a set of Harris ones for about £25! Will probably have another go at fitting them at some point though, once i am finally happy with where everything else is going...

Here's some footage after i got the bike back from having the motor set up on a dyno a few weeks ago... https://video-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xta1/v/t42.1790-2/11287069_371384669718810_1301681226_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjk4OCwicmxhIjo1OTl9&rl=988&vabr=549&oh=126625fe26978074ca8fd1ef5bccb746&oe=55A69442

Bike is not cosmetically finished by a long shot...frame /bodywork needs painting etc and various other bits need anodising or polishing, so please don't judge it on how it looks currently...

• Like 1
  • 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

This is mine, still a lot of details to finish.

1982 GS(x) 750 modified and braced frame

1986 GSXR 750 lowered with damper spacers frorks

1988 GSXR 750 modified swing arm

1986 GSXR 1100 wheels and brakes

1988 GSX1100F engine with 2009 GSXR1000 cooler (still on a trial, probably in the summer I will need to had a small cooler), HINDLE 4:2:1 and 34 RS flatslides.

P.S.: 1st picture is from the first test, still have stock carbs and GSXR750 wheels.

2nd picture is with the 2 inches shorter mid pipe, stock carbs and cooler.

3rd picture is right now.

46.jpg

48.jpg

50.jpg

Edited by bluecatone