Gsxr11 Bodywork advice

My rear seat plastics have started to crack. 

Now, instead of chopping the sub frame off and fitting a pokey tail from a new plastic machine, I'd like a one piece (seat hump and side panels mounded into one) tail unit to drop over for racing. This means I can still have pillion use by swapping back to my tatty panels as and when it suits me. 

Now the picky bit, I'm sure Iv seen side panels that more follow the lines of the subframe , meaning the side profile of the bike is not as chunky. 

Am I talking shit? Probably? Can you make sense of it? Maybe? 

Any suggestions welcome. 

• 2 months later...

I fitted the ragged edge unit to SlabbyRacer 1 for the Manx.  I had to weld new loops to the seat frame (actually I cut the rear loop of an old frame) to get the seat at the right height.  Don't know how it would go on a slingy.  Ricambi Weiss do one for Slingys on Eblag.  Got one on my 1100L

On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 9:52 PM, canamant said:

That seat looks way low.  Leg ache ?  The units I've seen fitted to race slabbies (mine included) usually have the seat height so the top of the hump is similar level to top of tank.

Seat base supplied with seat unit that way rider can get it foamed and covered to whatever height suits him or her  for riding  

• 2 months later...