Bandit 1200 mk1 and mk2 fork difference

nobody

I would like to swap Bandit 1200 forks onto my 1983 GS1100E

I already have the from brakes, axle and wheel off a mk1 Bandit 1200 but need to find forks

Are mk1 and mk2 bandit front brakes, forks, wheels, axles etc.... All interchangeable?

the only difference I could find was the mudguard and mount

I bought everything except the fork and triples for a mk1 and need to buy forks.  There's a few mk1 on fleebay and one mk2. The mk2 looks perfect and mk1 are okay and all about the same price. My point is if I get the mk2's will all my mk1 bit (brakes, wheel and brake rotors) fit and work 

Ok you are referring to this:  

Hate to bring up an old thread, but I found this while searching for something else, and I want to add to it.

The RF900 triple might work with early Bandit 1200 forks (pre 2001) but it won't work with later Bandit forks (01-05). The later forks must have more material around the axle which causes the wheel to be off center by about 6mm. You can cut down the wheel spacer on the left side to solve that, but then the calipers won't be centered in the rotors. Apparently the fork spacing changed in 2001 to accommodate the new fork design, and Suzuki used the same triple tree up thru the latest Bandit 1250's. 

I don't have an answer for you, except, that I have both an MK1 and MK2 triple set which I can compare in a little bit.  If you need just an MK2 triple, I can cover you on that.

They are most definitely different.  MK2 upper on my MK1 forks/lower triple..the stem looks like it's offset a few mm and the left fork is offset a bit more, probably close what the fella on the other forum said, abut 6mm.  Based on that, I think you will indeed need a MK2 upper/lower triple if you want to use the MK2 forks.  I will part with mine for a very fair price if you need them (with the stem removed).

I can snap a pic if you like.

Edited by t3rse
  • 4 years later...
2 hours ago, BigLT said:

Sorry to drag this up. Is there an easy way of checking/seeing whether Bandit  forks are mk1 or mk2 without taking them off or putting them on the bike?

Thanks

Liam

Yes, very easy to tell mk.1 and 2 forks apart if you go by the mudguard mounts. Mk.1 has the bolts on the top which bolt through a brace plate (just like R.W.U. slingshot forks), whereas mk2 forks mudguards mount from the side. Also mk.2 left fork does not have the a tab for holding the speedo drive from turning.

bandit forks.jpg

Edited by Jaydee
  • Like 2