a very well known harris finds new owner

12 minutes ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

Sorry Ash changed my mind ill come get it tomorrow:):D

we did say a month on approval didn't we????:tu

Looking good shipmate, looking goodB|

thanks garry its a great bike and a credit too your attention too detail ,

i have got some rs 36s micky roonys coming then, in few weeks off to a bloke who sets these type of old skool bikes up :tu

I'm pretty sure that left one is just like those on a TL. I'll be adding a little insert to the stock tube to reduce turn. But I believe Yamaha throttle tubes fit in there too and should also reduce turn. Don't know which one exactly but I should be able to find out.. if there's anyone interested anyway, seeing you already ordered..

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TLRS said:

I'm pretty sure that left one is just like those on a TL. I'll be adding a little insert to the stock tube to reduce turn. But I believe Yamaha throttle tubes fit in there too and should also reduce turn. Don't know which one exactly but I should be able to find out.. if there's anyone interested anyway, seeing you already ordered..

R1 and R6 are commonly swapped in to shorten throttle action - R6 makes for something like 1/5th of a turn.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Gammaboy said:

R1 and R6 are commonly swapped in to shorten throttle action - R6 makes for something like 1/5th of a turn.

i wanted the seperate switch gear and quick action throttle as its more modified (and its making it more my bike than garry s ) then if that makes any sense 

bit of work done today ,went too see my best mate jb  who re wired the yamaha switchgear with the suzuki wires from the bandit switch gear

(not what i had planned i was going to chop plug of yam switchgear and then do same with the suzuki one )

lucky he is very good too me ,

motion pro throttle fitted , also carbs with a little help from trusty ratchet strap 

20160813_170231.jpg

20160813_163429.jpg

20160813_170448.jpg

On 12/08/2016 at 11:15 PM, busa ash said:

i wanted the seperate switch gear and quick action throttle as its more modified (and its making it more my bike than garry s ) then if that makes any sense 

Completely understand - I want to head that way on my Kat at some point too. I'd been thinking Ducati 916-ish kill switch, didn't know the R1 was done that way, so might look into that!

Edited by Gammaboy
  • Like 1

found my little cap heads for the top of the carbs fitted the remote fuel tank and had bike running slight leak on an exhaust port so will nip up the exhaust again 

sounds ok but not as throaty as i like so might just remove the wadding . still waiting on seat , so bought another on the auction site as a temp measure 

20160815_193737.jpg