Flatslides on B1216

ads54

Have been reading up a lot on this however still a lot of conflicting info out there.

Which flatslides would complement a bandit 1216 motor the best? The motor spec is big cc stage 3, wiseco 1216, Kent stage 2 cams. Currently running standard carbs with stage 3 dynojet.

Ive got an option of FCR41, RS38 or RS40. 

Would the FCR's be too much for fast road and be more suited to track? RS40's be too big?

Any help and personal experience would be much appreciated. Cheers. 

(Gratuitous FCR pic :D:D:tu:tu)

154a10a2760de0f4d0dce861b9416d11.jpg

Edited by ads54

FCRs are great carbs but can be expensive to re-jet and set up....they also drink fuel and need a tanker in tow...:$.. Ohh and if they are spaced for a water boiler "as most the 2nd hand sets tend to be"  again expensive to re-space....

I would go for the RS38s on a road bike ......but the 40s may give a little more at the expense of more fuel 9_9

A M8 had FCR41's on his 1216 Bindit and although they were set up they were just too big for everyday use. He's now got RS36's and likes them better, he can use them more and gives plenty power for the street - it'll loft the wheel in 3rd so happy bunny. 38's might be the ultimate for road application!

• Like 1

I have RS38s on my modded 750/907 and they work just fine on the street. My last tank of gas, on a memorial ride, I got 52 mpg {US gallon}. I'm using 16/40 sprockets and can short shift into 6th by 35 mph. So yeah, RS38s on your motor ought to work real well. I'd still look into getting those FCRs dialed in. Spend some money with a good dyno shop to get the jetting just right.

On 31 May 2016 at 2:49 AM, tabby59 said:

Foz, I know what you mean on the "heavy throttle".  I converted my RS38s to a side pull and when I did, I ditched the second return spring, and put the first one on the least preload peg. Works just fine on the street

How did you convert to side pull?

On 30 May 2016 at 10:39 AM, ads54 said:

Have been reading up a lot on this however still a lot of conflicting info out there.

Which flatslides would complement a bandit 1216 motor the best? The motor spec is big cc stage 3, wiseco 1216, Kent stage 2 cams. Currently running standard carbs with stage 3 dynojet.

Ive got an option of FCR41, RS38 or RS40. 

Would the FCR's be too much for fast road and be more suited to track? RS40's be too big?

Any help and personal experience would be much appreciated. Cheers. 

(Gratuitous FCR pic :D:D:tu:tu)

154a10a2760de0f4d0dce861b9416d11.jpg

Like them....

On 6/1/2016 at 4:38 AM, ads54 said:

How did you convert to side pull?

I don't have the part number handy, but all you have to do is order the shaft made to do that,,,, that's it. All the parts swap over.  You have to have some patience doing the swap. Some of the parts are a bit tiny{spring pins!} so you have to be careful not to lose any. You don't have to break the carbs off the rack either. The carbs will have to be re-synched afterwards. It helps if you do a crude manual synch of the slides. I used a small drill bit on carb #3, adjusted the idle screw to get a very light drag on the bit, under the slide, then adjusted the other 3 to match that drag. Then I got out my Morgan Carbtune.

• Like 1