Help with Slabby dyna coils

My slabby coils died recently so I managed to convince the boss, that I should replace them with a set a dyna coils and Taylor leads,purchased from grumpy1260.

I removed the tank today and after a short fight with the old screws holding the original coils managed to get the first coil off.

Opened the box with my new coils in and set about dry fitting just to check the fit was ok.

Then came the reason for the post:( recommended fit as per the instructions was followed but the buggers won't fit with the original fittings/spacers>:( whatever orientation I try they are either hard up against the frame or need extra spacers at which point the ht lead output fouls the underside of the tank.

Anyone else fitted dyna coils and found a cunning way of getting round this?

BIke is slabby 750H coils are Dyna Dc1-1

Thanks

I mounted mine horizontally in the stock position with no mods other than bending a couple of bits of metal into brackets as you can only get one hole to line up on each coil. The leads don't foul the tank either. I did take a pic but I need to find it. I don't want to lift the tank off to take another.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, p4ddy said:

I mounted mine horizontally in the stock position with no mods other than bending a couple of bits of metal into brackets as you can only get one hole to line up on each coil. The leads don't foul the tank either. I did take a pic but I need to find it. I don't want to lift the tank off to take another.

This sounds like a good option don't really want to start modifying the tank if I can avoid it,if you can find that pic it would be good mate,not expecting you to start dismantling though :tu

This is the best I can do with the tank on. The top coil has a airbox bracket flattened at one end and a piece of metal to extend the other end. The bottom is straight on the lower mount with a z bend bracket at the other. Its not pretty but it works.

WP_20160523_17_33_09_Pro.jpg

WP_20160523_17_39_55_Pro.jpg

WP_20160523_17_40_26_Pro.jpg

WP_20160523_17_33_40_Pro.jpg

23 hours ago, banoffee said:

Got them on mine, had no problem fitting them on the frame however needed to modify the underneath of the tank then get it repainted under there afterwards.

If I did it again I'd try the mini ones if you can still get them?

image.jpeg

Thanks for the info,if I'd realised the coils were that much bigger would have bought mini ones as you suggest,oh well too late now so need to find a cunning way of fitting without to much drama:(

• 1 year later...