GSX750ES

Hi, I'm new to the forum and collecting an old GSX750E this coming weekend. :banana:Have any of you guys fitted GSXR K1 USD 's and K1 swing arm to a 750E? I was offered a full set of running gear at a give away price and couldn't bring myself to say no. Thanks All. Dave

Welcome. Your main considerations for front end swaps are length ( will it give you the ground clearance ) and the stem length (will it  be long enough to clear the headstock) . Stems can usually be pressed out and swapped. Fork length can be overcome using a stepped yoke.

With swing arms the critical dimension is the pivot width. You can shim it and in some cases machine it down if necessary. Other considerations are spindle dimensions and mono-shock linkage and pivot positions. If you change the shock geometry you will change the suspension characteristics.

The bigger concern with a 180 back tyre and 5.5" rim or a 190 and 6" rim is chain run and alignment. Clearing the frame and tyre side wall can be a ball ache. A 4.5 " rim 160 tyre will go into the standard swingarm with a minimum fuss.

Some pointers to aid research but as a general rule of thumb anything can be made to fit it's just a case of how hard you want to work to make it fit.:D

• Like 1

Swingarm is stock, modified to take a 20mm axle. Raised the rear by lengthening the linkage. It's gor a 4,5" GSXR wheel now, but I'm not doing it again because it was an absolute pain. Homemade caliperhanger en modded torquearm for the brake, std caliper.

It works but when time comes, I'll just put a Slingy arm in.

image.jpeg

• 4 months later...

K1 Swingarm and USDs in place (I've got the deep braced and standard K1 swing arms, difficulty is choosing witch one to go with). Rear shock mounting now welded in place, H2M Engineeing in Hinkley made the top hat swing arm bushes to reduce to the ES swing arm bolt, 3mm taken of the frame mounts either side - next challenge - chain alignment and proper engine mounts. image.thumb.jpeg.7729b631530068dc59d29c8image.thumb.jpeg.7729b631530068dc59d29c8image.thumb.jpeg.7729b631530068dc59d29c8

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 2 years later...

Hi, Rene, i have exactly the same bike as yourself. You say you raised the rear by lengthening the link.  Is that the upside down 'T' shape link,? And by how much did you lengthen it by,?, Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

cheers,

Simon.

On 5/20/2016 at 9:37 AM, Rene EFE said:

Swingarm is stock, modified to take a 20mm axle. Raised the rear by lengthening the linkage. It's gor a 4,5" GSXR wheel now, but I'm not doing it again because it was an absolute pain. Homemade caliperhanger en modded torquearm for the brake, std caliper.

It works but when time comes, I'll just put a Slingy arm in.

image.jpeg

• 3 years later...
On 5/19/2016 at 9:01 AM, Rene EFE said:

Hello :pimp:

image.jpeg

The front end of your GSX750 is exactly what I want to do to mine.  Is there someway I could find out what parts you used?  Is their a "modification" thread.  This one just shows the pictures.  Would it be too much to get a parts list for moving forward from you?  I would be so appreciative for this help and info.  Thanks :)

Edited by Suzukian
  • 2 months later...