Lower profile petcock for bandit 12?

29 minutes ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

Is a petcock the same as a fuel tapB|

No, its a little rubber penis,often they may have batteries and a vibrating device installed. (I'm out on the slabby today so the wife's playing with her petcock whilst I'm having fun). A fuel tap bolts onto a motorcycle fuel tank. Hope this clears things up for you.

Edited by p4ddy
  • Like 6
12 hours ago, Buddy said:

Early Yamaha fazer 600, but has no reserve and is gravity feed so must be turned off when not in use 

And R6 and Thundercat :)

I fitted an R6 tap(flows the same rate as a pingel,but costs alot less)to my brothers slabby1100 with 750 tank.These taps only fit the slabby 750(apart from usa 750g/h tanks) and Blandit tanks .This was running bst38ss(gsxr750l/m) cv's and was enough for those(he had it setup on a dyno) :)
_57%2058_zpsnpz767io.jpg

DSC_0405_zpsa5gzxz1o.jpg

Edited by Del
  • Like 1

I used the vacuum fitting off of the back of the 750m pet cock and frankensteined that onto the bandit pet cock. and it works..  As it comes straight out the back and not down like the bandit one this little mod afforded me just the space I needed. So all I had to do was grind off 2 little plastic guide pins on the gasket surface of the bandit pet cock assy so the gsxr vacuum thingy would mate with it properly. Also used the spring out of the gsxr. Then ground off a little bit of metal between the "PRI". and "ON" settings just so that bit cleared the diaphragm cap. 

Works perfectly.

Edited by boilerdude
  • 2 years later...

Sorry to drag up an old post.

Considering fitting an R6 fuel tap to my bandit mk1 1200.

Caught an add for a bandit 600 track bike for sale, just being nosy i looked down the spec sheet and noticed R6 fuel tap, so i have been googleing about it but nothing much coming back, but this post.

Any tank mods required or are hole spacings the same? Any particular yr of R6?

The R6 is gravity fed and not vacum am i right in thinking? That would be spot on for my turbo build.

Cheers for any help.

On 10/18/2018 at 11:17 PM, no class said:

best if you ask that question in forced induction ……..have you RTFR yet ?

Thanks for the input. Yeah i was going to throw it out in the forced induction, but thought i would try here before starting another post on the same.