saxon suzuki gs1000

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

An original looking bike. I remember seeing a Saxon Lavatory Jota (or maybe 1200 Mirage) back in the early 80's at a petrol station on the M1 when going home from the Transatlantic races at Donington (must have been 1984). It was much like a Harris Magnum and I have never seen another since. I like the tail unit. Is it fabricated aluminium alloy? Also, the swingarm looks like it was made by Spondon as it has their distinct chain adjusters.

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:12 AM, Dezza said:

An original looking bike. I remember seeing a Saxon Lavatory Jota (or maybe 1200 Mirage) back in the early 80's at a petrol station on the M1 when going home from the Transatlantic races at Donington (must have been 1984). It was much like a Harris Magnum and I have never seen another since. I like the tail unit. Is it fabricated aluminium alloy? Also, the swingarm looks like it was made by Spondon as it has their distinct chain adjusters.

yes seat unit and tank both hand crafted aluminium

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Spata here. I have just registered again... I was last registered on the old forum which is where that picture of my Saxon came from. The Saxon in this thread is definitely newer than mine. There were only 11 of my version made. I ended up getting a dating certificate from Nigel Hill who was the proprietor of Saxon Racing. Mine was built in 1983.

Here are some pictures I got from Nigel of his original Demo bike.

- Spata

Original Saxon 3.jpg

Original Saxon 1.jpg

Original Saxon2.jpg

• Like 3

Sorry... not named after that guy. You need to see the pigeon poop welds I do ... then you'd understand!

I have just realised that I think Richards frame is made by Saxon Engineering. Mine was made by Saxon Racing. Two completely different companies. I think Saxon Racing last traded around 5 years ago when I guess Nigel Hill retired.

- Spata

Edited by Spata
  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Interesting to know if this is my old bike.. ex-Tracy Martin.

The swingarm is different though, as I have a steel drag-slotted one in there.

I have lots of pics of the build back in the early 90's.. pm me and I'll tell you where the frame number is and what it is, what it was registered as and what it could be registered back to (if you get my drift)

I sold it (when it was beautiful again) to a chap in Oxford, working at Rover and all he did was drag race it around the Cowley site.. assuming it actually is that bike..