RGV seat unit on a 750 j

niknak750

• 4 years later...
On 4/27/2016 at 7:27 PM, fatblokeonbandit said:

Yes ,, I couldnt afford the RGV parts i the end so used gsxr 400 which look very similar and cost peanuts.:tu

DSCF9780_zpsaf724c83.jpg

DSCF9835_zpsb02bf82d.jpg

DSCF0071_zps8e161af6.jpg

DSCF0091_zpsff1f8384.jpg

Hi mate, I know this is an old post but I'm looking into fitting the same seat unit on my 750 aswell. 

Have you got any pics of the subframe mounted on to the frame? Or was there much fabrication work in getting it all to fit? 

• 3 months later...
On 9/14/2020 at 5:17 PM, Dezza said:

I have a crappy old RGV 250 (late style) seat unit in fibreglass you can have for postage costs if you want to try the shape out. I can post a pic. It's in a breat big box that just gets in my way all of the time and I will be glad to be shot of it.

Hi Dezza, do you still have the RGV seat? As I’m looking to try something a little smaller than the standard slingshot solo seat 

On 12/28/2020 at 10:13 AM, Dezza said:

Yes, it's in a storage box under 2 tonnes of shite. I can get it out and post a pic if you like:)

Yes please Dezza, no massive hurry as I need to get this bleeding swingarm sorted, hoping to be there once the 520 chain arrives. Was the seat a reasonably easy fit?

I managed to find the seat and it's not from an RGV after all. It looks like a ZXR Krapaskai job. I got in in a box of bits with my last project bike so I have never fitted it to anything. It's quite wide at the front and someone has cut the base out. It will probably look shite on a slingshot in my opinion. The only use it may have is it has some louvres in the top that could be cut out and glassed to another seat which is what I will do. It won't be worth the postage costs sending it anywhere as it's very thick fibre and is pretty heavy. Sorry about that.

As can be seen from the pic, the seat looks shite.

IMGP1218.JPG

Edited by Dezza
Added pic of shite seat unit

I'm recreating the 7/11 with the GSXR400 seat above, and have some how ended up with 3 sets of plastic's?? I dont need the red set or the black set, any use???

all you need is a subframe from a GK76 , 400 and a bit of fettling and it will go on.:tu

I sold the one above after i painted it blue and realised the seat was way to low for my old knee's, this time ive made the seat 2 inches higher..:tu

xhm6XvN.jpg

VWDpikt.jpg