Harris magnum 2 but modern

I wasn't sure about the swingarm at first thinking the Ducati S4R tubular arm may suit better but once the seat unit was on it seemed to click.....The choice of motor is a winner too..oh and Absolute 80's on the tv is a nice touch too ;)

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Sheep said:

I wasn't sure about the swingarm at first thinking the Ducati S4R tubular arm may suit better but once the seat unit was on it seemed to click.....The choice of motor is a winner too..oh and Absolute 80's on the tv is a nice touch too ;)

sheep , i like the s4r swingarms too but i am all about the price those s4r arms and hub and disc come out at £500 plus and dont come up that often , so when i saw this swing arm cheap i jumped at it , it mightbe a boo boo  but i am just waiting on a part too see if I can save on expensive engineeering expense 

20160510_133807_zpsomjknk23.jpg

20160510_133814_zpsn1vege9u.jpg

20160510_134137_zpsjkv0ddwi.jpg

yaaaay my calipers turned up from america £78 delivered took few weeks but i am over the moon and a brand new rear axle from an mv agusta £120

Edited by busa ash
pictures fixed, photobucket issue, remove the ~original behind the url
  • Like 1

To be honest,i think you are going the right way....that Harris frame,to the untrained eye could be a frame designed and built this year just like others nowadays using trellis or tube style frames so that swingarm will be just fine...

I know what you mean about the price though,..just look at the price of conventional Ducati 999 'arms compared to single sided...night and day.

Sorry Busa,i have just read your heading stating the word modern....please excuse my ignorance lol xD

Edited by Sheep
Addition
  • Like 1

sheep i am just a fred in a shed trying parts if they fit great , if not re sell , its more time searching . 

its difficult for breakers to answer messages ,

and if you ask it could be 48hrs before a response

if you ask if they can measure a part thats a whole diffrent story ,

when it works its A1 but we keep going and keep moving forward :tu 

• Like 1

On 16/05/2016 at 9:30 AM, Dezza said:

The seat is a cut-down Magnum one seat. Also, what clocks are you using?

i have two diffrent ideas for clocks dezza gsxr 1000 k2 and an Eblag clock that is a single unit , just need to get my best mate too look at them see what he likes the most 

and now have an other set of koso gauges and a slingy type idiot lights 

Edited by busa ash
missing text

forward motion , dropped of my yokes and stem and new bottom steering stem bearing, too my mate last night so i am excited as i have mix matched yamaha parts 

need a few small parts before i can move on 

20160517_173217_zpsw7cygasx.jpg

Edited by busa ash
pic missing
  • 1 month later...

next big problem was duke rear swingarm nut is 55mm 12 sided socket required how much !!!! then needed a 3/4 to 1/2 in converter for my breaker bar 

FB_IMG_1466102636763_zpswvl6jtdv.jpg

then it would not budge , 

windy gun it is then after fixing compresser

that got it after the 150 litre tank emptied 3 times wow way too tight 

20160617_152917_zps8myjaqgc.jpg

• Like 1