About time to!!

On 13/04/2017 at 3:05 PM, bruteforce said:

Does it run yet :D Very pretty plenum btw!

And just in case you haven't noticed there are bell mouths on the back of the throttle bodies that the plenum is built round.

And no it doesn't run yet, still haven't got the bodies back on, family life and work have been holding me up.

Cheers SRR

18 hours ago, Screwriverracing said:

And just in case you haven't noticed there are bell mouths on the back of the throttle bodies that the plenum is built round.

And no it doesn't run yet, still haven't got the bodies back on, family life and work have been holding me up.

Cheers SRR

No, didn't see that, awesome!

Family is most important, same here. Any plans to come over to Donington on may 6th?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
13 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

If you have a mappable ignition . . . . . . . . why are you slotting the pick up plate as that'll change the entire map? Doesn't make sense - just adjust the cells below idle?

Hi Gixer1460,

I need to retard the ignition as the starting map is preset and can't be altered, once running above a certain rpm it works of what you set in the map. Just the way RACETECH designed it, a bit rubbish really.

Cheers SRR

I read the words which make sense but still doesn't jive with slotting the plate! Having a 'fixed' timing is not unusual - it just infers that it stays at 10 degrees or whatever it's set to and won't be influenced by increased revs, coolant temps or whatever. If it does have a truly fixed timing - what is it ? because if you don't know, you could retard it past TDC! Daft system - supposing the engine idled at 700 rpm - what the hell would it be doing then? Is the system one of these? Just out of interest - http://www.racetechdev.co.uk/products.html - the EMX-01 seems a sophisticated device so the above seems strange!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...