About time to!!

Nope your right, the return line is the centre one , my bad.

The fuel comes in from the rail from the side and pressurises the underside of the diaphram. Once the pressure is high enough to lift the diaphram the adjoined centre needle valve lifts and lets fuel pass back to the tank via the centre connection. 

But i wouldnt like to rely on that for this setup as thats a reg normally fitted staight into a purpose designed fuel rail that had both inlet and return together on the bottom, now mounted in some sort of custom adapter. So anything coukd be happening. 

8 hours ago, slingy1157 said:

But i wouldnt like to rely on that for this setup as thats a reg normally fitted staight into a purpose designed fuel rail that had both inlet and return together on the bottom, now mounted in some sort of custom adapter. So anything coukd be happening. 

I doubt it, as why would you have a hose clamp end, if it screwed into a rail? The thread is std. metric and clamps the reg to a bracket where ever you want it.

14 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

I doubt it, as why would you have a hose clamp end, if it screwed into a rail? The thread is std. metric and clamps the reg to a bracket where ever you want it.

No i mean the regulator thst SRR is using is this one.

https://goo.gl/images/m3BUrb

Which is designed to fit into a purpose designed rail but SRR is using it With a housing to give it hose bard connections. Better to just use a reg with hose barb connections is all i was getting at

Edited by slingy1157
Bloody phone typing

1. Fuel pressure regulator - after TBs

2. Wastegate - usually plenum, can be connected also after TBs

3. BOV - after TBs

4. MAP sensor - after TBs (unless the ECU setup is something less typical)

5. Boost gauge - whichever. If the gauge shows only positive pressure connect to plenum. If it shows also vacuum connect after TBs.

3 hours ago, Arttu said:

1. Fuel pressure regulator - after TBs There is some debate about this - if the FPR is capable of reduced pressure due to vacuum AND the fuel map accommodates that change its fine but my preference is fixed pressure NA rising with boost sensed from plenum ...... but either works LOL  

2. Wastegate - usually plenum, can be connected also after TBs Again prefer plenum purely as there is more space for connections.

3. BOV - after TBs Correct

4. MAP sensor - after TBs (unless the ECU setup is something less typical) Agreed

5. Boost gauge - whichever. If the gauge shows only positive pressure connect to plenum. If it shows also vacuum connect after TBs. Even if it does show vacuum i'd still put it in the plenum as you are really only interested in the boost aspect?

Added to the conversation.

37 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

1. Fuel pressure regulator - after TBs There is some debate about this - if the FPR is capable of reduced pressure due to vacuum AND the fuel map accommodates that change its fine but my preference is fixed pressure NA rising with boost sensed from plenum ...... but either works LOL  

Well, yes, either works. But normal practise with EFI is connect it after TBs. Or to be more precise, to the same point where the injectors inject. Idea there is to keep pressure across the injector constant so that injected fuel amount will depend only on injector pulse length.

Sure it will work also plenum referenced but then you need to compensate pressure variance with fuel table tuning. Though it probably isn't any significant problem in most of the cases it's one unnecessary variable for tuning. And with large injectors it might make idle tuning more difficult since injector flow will increase on vacuum.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update.

Rang omex today to see about using one of there ecu's.

when I mentioned it was going on a bike, they said it wouldn't work.

Apparently they have tried it but because a bike  goes from a slow turn over speed to say 1500 rpm there system can't cope with it.

And the other point was about the size of trigger wheel, the larger the better.

so it's back to the drawing board to make a decision on the ecu.

Really want to use a motec but to pricey for me, and Cant seem to find any reasonably priced secondhand ones.

Cheers SRR