89 red and white

hi all

so I've migrated across to the new site but still got my project 89 K 750 in the shed slowly coming together. I've started sanding back the panels ready for paint around Xmas time .  Today I went and saw my local sign maker to get the graphics sorted and all good except for the big r that sits on the belly of my bike. I've got the vector image but haven't got the dimensions. If some one could measure length x height in millimetres it would help me a lot. Here's an example of what I'm looking for below.

btw here's my projects first day out since rolling into the shed around two years ago http://youtu.be/pDt_llniFPY

image.jpg

Edited by davo231481
Typo
  • Like 1

since i cannot upload the pictures (due to size) via phone just a description:

if u take the R

the upper right part, the bend to the bottom of the R-leg 8.5 cm (upper right to lower right)

the upper left white part (following the angle, keeping the lint straight) to the bottom left (horizontal) part about 10 cm

midsection upper part to midsection lower part 9 cm

upper left point (yes the point which is black) to the upper right (taking curve out of account) 21 cm

lower left to lower right end 11 cm

the black wide band on the left is 10 cm

right lower point to the ...how should i call it....junction on the is 5 if you take the right point to the red/black intersection (lol) mid-right

and to the white-black junction 8 cm

with a big smile on my face for the visual to literal translation

Edited by Oliekoel

Im struggling with picture uploading too....and I aint dicking around with the likes of photobucket when my phone is my only form of internet. 

If you want any more measures additional to oliekoel's, add me on facebook....stuart bodycote. 

• 1 month later...

Hey, I've picked up a solo seat cowl from a local wreckers for a very good price. Not much has happened apart from rubbing back the plastics to get it ready for repainting. I'm really tempted to take it for a spin but as it's not registered the fine would kill off any hopes of new paint this year.

• 7 months later...

So a bit has happened since my last post. I lost a bit of interest in working on my long term project due to work and family commitments but after reading another forum members post it has inspired me to get mine finished. Plus the fact we are now down to one car could've also been a motivator. Anyway I've rubbed back 90% of the panels and ordered a sticker set ready to go when I've get the paint back on. I fired it up again....partially to piss off my dickhead neighbour and also just to hear that rumble in the shed again. I've spent a couple of great days just prepping panels and it was very enjoyable

• 2 weeks later...

Sticker set turned up slightly wrong. The size was smaller than stock and the colour was also the wrong shade of red but I'll be returning them tomorrow after explaining the issues with the sign maker. It just means a slight delay but will be worth it when it's all back together and I'm riding it.