mk1/mk2

locky7

Hi, iv used to have mk1 b12  im now looking for another but are the differences between mk1 & mk2  so great i think i read somewhere that the motors were different if so what are the differences? Can the motor parts be swapped over ?What are the differences? Or are the mk1 b12 just a better all round bike. Thanks any info would be great id rather not bother looking at mk2 if its loads of work to get em like my old mk1    cheers locky.

thanks for a response but it's not really a lot of help. anybody! I know its probably a crap question but good mk1 b12 are fetching good money mk2 are better value for mileage and age but is because there shit or just not well liked,  cheers

Motors are NEARLY the same, exhaust  cams are different carbs are totally different, the output shaft is drilled for leccy speedo pick up on mark 2's, mark 2 frame just isnt as nice as the mark 1's..:tu

not forgetting the PAIRS stuff....

Ive had 12 mark 1's and 1 mark 2..:)

Edited by fatblokeonbandit
19 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

Motors are NEARLY the same, exhaust  cams are different carbs are totally different, the output shaft is drilled for leccy speedo pick up on mark 2's, mark 2 frame just isnt as nice as the mark 1's..:tu

not forgetting the PAIRS stuff....

Ive had 12 mark 1's and 1 mark 2..:)

Carbs are spaced differently, (They use different inlet rubbers), And don't forget the TPS thingy on the carbs.

Edited by SiBag
On 07/04/2016 at 2:44 PM, SiBag said:

Carbs are spaced differently, (They use different inlet rubbers), And don't forget the TPS thingy on the carbs.

Totally different carbs.The mk1 uses slingshot(not the bike)bst36ss and the mk2 uses the pain in the arse to setup,crappy bsr36ss :)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Del said:

Totally different carbs.The mk1 uses slingshot(not the bike)bst36ss and the mk2 uses the pain in the arse to setup,crappy bsr36ss :)

thats right . Carbs from MK2 are as you said pain in the ares. I have BST38ss from say what now!? 750 and works very well. The same speced but of course much powerfull .

Not strictly on topic but thats a decent looking bike, I do miss my old bandito... Beware of those headlight units, mine went on fire on my bandit after the bulb melted through the plastic mounting and resulted in me doing a 40 mile jaunt home on the motorway with only sidelights that night. An enlightening journey. Pun fully intended.  

• Like 1