Billet Big Block for GSXR 1100W

Hello!

I am engaged in the development of a billet block for GSXR 1100W. The block will be used in the turbo engine, with a piston diameter of 77mm. I want to make liquid-cooled cylinder block. I think how to better to make channels for cooling?
Someone have any photos of old big block for a liquid-cooled 1100W with water cooling? 

On 17.03.2016 at 10:16 PM, kja.busa said:

Sperbike Mike used to sell a big block for the water cooled 1100, should be some photo's around the tinternet, might be worth a bit of research

Yes, I was looking for a photo. I found a few, but to all the photos, hard to see the channels.

Probably will have to do wet sleeves.

DSC00646.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks guys !

We continue to do.
Pistons will be 77mm, turbo mtc.
We did 1192 N\A with 79.5mm pistons on the standard block. Motorcycle riding is great, but I have 2 times  head gasket is blown. I decided that with the turbo, this block will not work well. Only for low boost pressure.

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

• Like 2
On 17.08.2016 at 0:25 PM, Reinhoud said:

Impressive!

What's the max diameter sleeves / pistons in a stock cylinder block off that engine?

The outer diameter of the standard sleeve, 81mm
Most likely, we will do the same.   

More than 77mm it is not desirable to bore.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Pasis said:

Thanks guys !

We continue to do.
Pistons will be 77mm, turbo mtc.
We did 1192 N\A with 79.5mm pistons on the standard block. Motorcycle riding is great, but I have 2 times  head gasket is blown. I decided that with the turbo, this block will not work well. Only for low boost pressure.

Wow - not surprised you has HG issues - 81mm o/all liners - 79.5mm bore = 0.75mm liner thickness! New block looks mint - how are the water channels connected to allow flow once the liners are installed? Should enjoy turbo boost with this one.

On 20.08.2016 at 7:01 PM, Gixer1460 said:

Wow - not surprised you has HG issues - 81mm o/all liners - 79.5mm bore = 0.75mm liner thickness! New block looks mint - how are the water channels connected to allow flow once the liners are installed? Should enjoy turbo boost with this one.

In that block (1192) had been installed, the over size  sleeves, of course! The thickness of the sleeves was about 2 mm.

Now the bike being done at 99% for drag racing.

5 hours ago, snoorder said:

OK, so when can we expect mass production? ;-)

Such block is still needs someone besides me)))? If there is demand, we will think it over to do batch of blocks. First, I want him to try on my new engine, and check everything.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Pasis said:

Such block is still needs someone besides me)))? If there is demand, we will think it over to do batch of blocks. First, I want him to try on my new engine, and check everything.

Well I recently sold most of my watercooler stuff. But on the other hand, if you could manufacture such a block for the oilcooled models there might be an even bigger market for it.