Scavenge pumps

I'm sure I'm opening myself up to a load of abuse here, but I really can't work this out...

Ive currently got an electric scavenge pump, but fancy one of the mechanical ones that is driven off of the timing nut:

8CF25B1C-AA07-4E9A-93E3-CC398B5DF09E_zps

1A5F86EA-D115-41D1-8539-43947D22C607_zps

but how does the plumbing work for it?

my electric one is inline, so it suck oil out of the bottom of turbo and back into cases. But how would this work?

Edited by R1guy
Added 2nd pic

Line from turbo just connects to Black union on outside off case, and oil leaves pump from slot above screw (right side 1 in pic2) on the inside back into engine.

Same principal as an Emtes pump but your picture shows case with pump incorporated.

Edited by kiwi
47 minutes ago, kiwi said:

Line from turbo just connects to Black union on outside off case, and oil leaves pump from slot above screw (right side 1 in pic2) on the inside back into engine.

Same principal as an Emtes pump but your picture shows case with pump incorporated.

But the ignition points are behind this cover? They can't run in oil?!?!

50 minutes ago, R1guy said:

But the ignition points are behind this cover? They can't run in oil?!?!

I've had a windowed ignition cover on an oil cooled motor in the past. Through the lexan glass I could see a pulse of oil being sprayed in there so don't think oil would be a problem as the rotor would be moving fast enough to flick off any excess oil that may affect the signal. 

• 2 years later...
On 3/13/2016 at 3:35 AM, R1guy said:

I'm sure I'm opening myself up to a load of abuse here, but I really can't work this out...

Ive currently got an electric scavenge pump, but fancy one of the mechanical ones that is driven off of the timing nut:

8CF25B1C-AA07-4E9A-93E3-CC398B5DF09E_zps

1A5F86EA-D115-41D1-8539-43947D22C607_zps

but how does the plumbing work for it?

my electric one is inline, so it suck oil out of the bottom of turbo and back into cases. But how would this work?

Where can I purchase one of these?